The 2nd SIM of Dual SIm Model only Support 2G Data?

StephenWagner7

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Would you be able to provide the official roaming rule from Wind? I did a search and could not find anything related to 2g/4g roaming rule.

If you go to their website, it specifies their coverage area, along with explaining WIND Away and WIND partner networks...

When it's the only SIM being used, that's why it doesn't roam is because it intelligently selects the network. When multiple SIMs are used, the phone is forcing certain types of usage on the networks, which is why it roams since it's being forced to use network types that WIND currently doesn't have.

v535

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Both slots are 4G capable. Yeah, I don't have an 950 XL, but on lumia 730 one shows as E(because I'm using a very old sim) and newer SIM shows H+ ie 3G. Maybe your area has weaker 3/4G signals compared to 2G that is why its falling back to 2G.

rudypoochris

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
There is so much misinformation here. There are slots and there are radios. Both slots connect to the same set of radios. You can option either slot to run up to LTE, but when both are in use only one slot will receive data. The other slot will be limited to 2G since the radio can't have simultaneously two open LTE/3G channels. This is by design and it is stupid because 2G is being phased out everywhere in the USA. For ATT and Tmobile that's this year and next so effective in the USA you really just have a single SIM phone which sucks obviously.

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
There is so much misinformation here. There are slots and there are radios. Both slots connect to the same set of radios. You can option either slot to run up to LTE, but when both are in use only one slot will receive data. The other slot will be limited to 2G since the radio can't have simultaneously two open LTE/3G channels. This is by design and it is stupid because 2G is being phased out everywhere in the USA. For ATT and Tmobile that's this year and next so effective in the USA you really just have a single SIM phone which sucks obviously.

That's basically what I said many posts above, but people seem to prefer to elaborate complicated theories :/

occamsmonkey

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Chiming in that I'm seeing the same thing with Ting mobile for my second SIM in the US. If it's in slot 1 I get LTE. If it's in slot 2 I get 2G. Same APN settings on both.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
4G telus LTE working fine on sim #2 here.

Note that the switching settings kinda awkward, I just ended up booting up the phone with the telus card in Sim2 and getting that registered at 4G and then putting back my other card in sim1 which now only gets 2G

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
yes when both slots are used only one sim will receive lte, but it would be nice since 2G is being phased out, like in Canada Telus does not have a 2G network. I would like it so one sim would connect to lte data, and the other sim connect at 3g but with data disabled, that would make much more sense.

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
for dual sim in Canada if using a telus and a rogers sim , you have to set the telus as your data sim and rogers as 2g because telus do not have a 2g network.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire