02-03-2016 08:29 PM
30 12
tools
    Do you actually have to buy it for it look beautiful and feel great? I went to the MS store and it looked and felt cheap, like it would fall apart if you held it wrong. A light, creaky plastic toy. I was more impressed with the 640 because for the price it has a lot of bang for your buck and it runs 8.1. It also looks like a Lumia with the cyan or orange shells.
    You really do appreciate how light it is (LIGHTER THAN THE iPhone 6S plus!,) when you are using it for a long time. Not everyone has the creaking issue but some are just unlucky.
    02-03-2016 04:51 AM
    As people have already mentioned it comes down to a few things.

1) brand. Apple and Samsung have huge draw to them, Microsoft is still seen as this relic that needs to die off. Not only that, but Windows phone is seen as a very cheap brand. Not a high end brand. Most used Windows phone last quarter: Lumia 520. An old cheap as chips phone that you can probably get for about 20 off contract.
    2) apps. While I'm set for apps, most people aren't on Windows phone, and this makes it a no go.
    3) OS. People want an OS that works solid, that has all the features to support the apps. It should just work, and while I do like W10, even I have to admit it's a little rough around the edges and this puts many people off.
    4) design. I'm not gonna lie, the 950/XL looks bland, boring, and uninspired. If the phone looks like a turd, the general consumer won't even give the specs a chance, if they even care about them in the first place.
    5) sales reps. The reps promote what they use, they're firmly on iPhone/Android. Plus since the Lumia 950/XL supposedly has higher return rates than the others, why risk selling it when a return could see you get fired from your job?
    6) marketing. Where are the adverts promoting what this phone can do? How are they promoting this as the best thing since sliced bread? Why not put down money promoting Continuum?

All of these create the impression that the phone isn't worth the asking price, rightly or wrongly. In the eyes of the general customer I'd say the phone is worth about 0.01 - no I'm serious. That's how bad the Windows phone rep is seen. Case in point, I was showcasing Continuum at work yesterday, they were like "Cool, but can you get it on iPhone?" They weren't going to swap to Windows phone just for Continuum. That being said it's a feature I use a lot.
    chezm likes this.
    02-03-2016 05:44 AM
    Not overpriced.
    Hardware alone is top class. Microsoft ticked all the boxes on the 950XL. I have everything + more than what Samsung and Apple currently offers.
    constantreader16 likes this.
    02-03-2016 06:51 AM
    You really do appreciate how light it is (LIGHTER THAN THE iPhone 6S plus!,) when you are using it for a long time. Not everyone has the creaking issue but some are just unlucky.
    Being light or thin doesn't impress me. I prefer curves, strength and a good personality. The 950/950XL fails in those respects.
    02-03-2016 07:25 PM
    Being light or thin doesn't impress me. I prefer curves, strength and a good personality. The 950/950XL fails in those respects.
    I agree with you. I too like my women with curves, strength of character, and a good personality. But most certainly curves.
    02-03-2016 08:29 PM
30 12