Updated to the latest fast ring build and I can no longer see most of the apps on the SD card. They are now grayed out. I've tried moving them to the phone and updating them. Pictures and music are still viewable on the card. I have tried everything that I can think of except restoring the phone. Any ideas?????
    02-02-2016 01:59 PM
    patience.... it's something that happens after every update.

not sure what exactly is happening technically, but the apps will start working 1 at a time.

apps also get greyed out when a backup is in progress.
    02-02-2016 02:16 PM
    Maybe you shouldn't be in the Insider build if you don't know what's happening.
    02-02-2016 02:35 PM
    Something I noticed is that app developers are busy constantly updating their apps and some introduce new bugs in new updates causing unpredictable results. These apps are downloaded into cell phone and make strange results.

I also placed several apps on 64GB SD and tried to copy them to a a 128GB SD and received plenty grief until I formatted device and SD and started all over again.
    02-02-2016 02:44 PM
    I updated yesterday......this problem is still going on. I have had this happen before, but it fixes itself in a pretty fast manner. Windows Central app is one of the apps that is doing this. I don't think the developer needing to update the app is the problem, if it were I believe we would have heard about it from Windows Central.
    02-02-2016 03:22 PM
    Such issues are pretty normal after every update. Check to see if the issues have anything to do with drivers or device.
    First you download and install the right driver and see things are working or not. If that is not the issue then change or replace the card after copying its contents into another device​
    02-10-2016 03:57 AM
    Maybe you shouldn't be in the Insider build if you don't know what's happening.
    Not knowing/understanding why something is happening isn't a reason to not be on the insider build. It's when you install an insider build and then complain that things don't work that it's an issue. It's quite possible the OP didn't realize that it's a normal thing. I didn't realize this issue and I've been on several insider builds...
    02-10-2016 04:59 PM