Alarm didnt go off until phone was unlocked

Vladimir Ka

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site
I think this is a new issue, never noticed it before.

I set 3 alarms (just in case), 6:00, 6:15, 6:30.
First alarm went off, I pressed dismiss and went back to sleep.
Did not hear any other alarms go off.
Woke up at 6:33 by myself.. Alarm was not ringing, as soon as I unlocked the phone, 6:30 alarm went off and started ringing.
But that only happened after I woke up the phone with the power button....

I'll try to delete and make new ones.. weird..

anon(5326758)

May 5, 2011
Visit site
What build are you on?
I have seen similar things on .29 - use Hey Cortana to send a text - goes thru all the motions except pauses at "Message Sent," but doesn't actually send until you swipe to unlock. Another time I wasn't getting SMS notifications, and yet another time it happened when I tried to change the song playing (using the skip forward button on the music drop-down). It's like every once in a while the phone says "hey I can't do this because the screen is locked," even though the operations usually work under lock screen. Unlocking always clears it up. This was all on build .29. I'm hoping .71 fixes this but since it doesn't happen often (maybe once a week?) I have to give it time to see.

anon(5326758)

May 5, 2011
Visit site
ok, on build .71 I just missed a reminder. It should have happened at 5:25, but I took my phone out of my pocket around 5:30 and when I powered it on the reminder flashed as soon as the screen came on.

jblanken64

Aug 11, 2007
Visit site
Same here. I've seen a post elsewhere about alarms not firing during quiet hours. I'm on the latest build (.71 on 950XL) and this is new behavior.

seldzar

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I didn't have issues with my alarm before the update, I now have had 2 days in a row where it didn't go off. Or, it went off when i unlocked the screen.

I've got quiet hours ending 15 min after my alarm. This which worked fine before to address the "all notifications you received overnight will go off when quiet hours ends"

I've changed my ending quiet hours to 2 min before my alarm and i'll see how that goes.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I would do a soft reset after deleting alarms. Hold power and down volume till it resets. Then re-add. I had issue with hey Cortana not working. Had to do that and relearn voice. But alarms are working after I did that process. Granted never tested them before. But I know there's reliability issues with alarms after updates sometimes. You will have to login to ms account after reset. At least I had to under accounts.

omagic82

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Same issue here. I'm on the latest build on the 950. Two days straight that alarms aren't going off. I did a few tests and as soon as I unlock the phone the alarm sounds.

Cerberus1953

May 21, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem yesterday morning in that my alarm didn't go of. I'd installed .71 the night before.

I had a play last night after reading this thread. I got the same, locked and the alarm didn't sound, unlocked it did. I then just powered the phone off and back on again. Did the same test again and the alarm sounded with the phone locked.

Alarm worked OK this morning.

enthuz

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Update: 3rd party alarm apps do the same. So it's something with the API or deeper. I left feedback and upvoted the other reports of the same.

seldzar

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
After changing my quiet hours to end 2 min before my alarm, and rebooting the phone as suggested by Cerberus1953, my alarm worked fine this morning.

However the moment I dismissed the alarm my notifications went off. It seems if you have quiet hours end BEFORE your alarm you'll receive every notification (w/sound) received during that time as soon as you dismiss the alarm.

This was the reason I set my quiet hours to 15 min after my alarm. When you do that, you don't receive a barrage of notifications when you dismiss your alarm. I changed my quiet hours back to 10 min after my alarm and I'll see tomorrow if it goes off again (like it used to)

Vladimir Ka

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site
I've never had Quiet Hours setup, so that was not related to me.

I've removed the old alarms, re-created and rebooted. Seems to be working correctly now.. we'll give a couple of more days to test..

seldzar

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
My alarm worked fine this morning with quiet hours enabled.

The solution here was to remove the alarm, reboot and then add the alarm back in.

It might be even as simple as changing the alarm time and then setting it back but i'm not going to mess with it anymore as it's now working.

enthuz

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Is that remove "alarm setting" or "alarm app"? My alarm worked this morning after turning off quiet hours last night.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I have had this issue for a couple days with every single new build. The same fixes don't work every time, and I've been seriously considering rolling back to 8.1.1 between this and Cortana now being mostly useless.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss