New Firmware rolling out for Lumia 950XL

JRola

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Received my FW update on the announcement day (Feb 3rd). 950 xl single sim Hong Kong version. Canada region.

madusmacus

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Are you guys just sitting around waiting for the FW update? Go do something. Have some fun! Lol.

It wouldn't be a problem if they said why they wont to give it to all people but its more like torture than FW
Puts me off fun :?):?)

(ms store uk unlocked EE single sim - never gets firmware)

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Because Firmware contain a radio stack, and that unlike OS, Microsoft has to require (quick) validation from carriers, even for unbranded variants?

But they will "give it to all people". Just wait a bit, it was out only last week.

Grodelj

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
There is always "flash other country code" option:) At least that what I did latest with my 930. Or it can't be done anymore?

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
There is always "flash other country code" option:) At least that what I did latest with my 930. Or it can't be done anymore?

It can be done but then, if you are on a single sim device, you would lose VVM for instance (as it requires registry keys which are bundled in the ROM).

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It's probably better to wait for the firmware to come to you, it's not as if there's any groundbreaking new features being introduced. You never know what side-effects might raise when loading something designed for somewhere else.

madusmacus

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Same here 8-( all I want to know is the reason I can't have it... If it's EE fault I will junk them depressing me this lack of info

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo