New Firmware rolling out for Lumia 950XL

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
not for insiders. if you are an insider, you must switch the status in the insider app from fast/slow ring to production otherwise you can't get this fw update.
I though the news article said insiders, with general release in March, but if insiders want to grab it now, revert to production, download firmware, then jump back in again.

I don't recall seeing 'general release' for non insiders. They way I read it was everyone next month

JaimitoFrog

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Nice to see, but just indicative of how many bugs still left to crush. Any changelog on what this FW does? I have a few issues that I like to resolve: when in a WiFi environment and it is not connecting or struggling to connect, you can't access data via cellular. And so you hang while waiting for WiFi to connect. It won't let you force to turn the WiFi off at these situations. The only way is to force reboot. The other is improved battery life. Outlook mail is getting better, but the email rendering and sizing can be improved. Lastly, the default notification sounds can't be changed for FB messenger. It will go back to default after a short while, or after every soft reboot. So far, I like my 950XL, more than the Icon, 1020, or 920.

Posted from Windows Central for Windows 10

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Updated last night...100% battery @ 10:00pm.
8 hours later...battery @ 97%...standby only.
16 hours later...email/phone/mms/WhatsApp usage heavy...Facebook/News usage moderate...turned back on Hey Cortana and Iris...battery @ 69%.

MUCH IMPROVED battery life with just this new firmware revision update...I am on .107 which killed my battery prior to new firmware...still scared to move up to 14267?!?!!?

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Updated last night...100% battery @ 10:00pm.
8 hours later...battery @ 97%...standby only.
16 hours later...email/phone/mms/WhatsApp usage heavy...Facebook/News usage moderate...turned back on Hey Cortana and Iris...battery @ 69%.

MUCH IMPROVED battery life with just this new firmware revision update...I am on .107 which killed my battery prior to new firmware...still scared to move up to 14267?!?!!?

**Update***

33 hours later after initial 100% charge with normal usage...battery at 39%... CAN WE SAY FIXED😀😀😀😀

TrueMetalGeek

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
wp_ss_20160227_0002.jpg

About time. :)
I did notice that it gave me a message that my SIM or Phone settings changed and that a restart was needed.
I restarted then the message came right back then I restarted again and I think it is ok now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre