950XL on insider

duncanstives

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Can anyone who has put their 950xl on preview program share their experience (slow or fast ring welcome)... I am thinking about taking the plunge on mine. Have been on insider fast ring continuously for awhile on my M8 and 1520 so I know the risks and glitches that may go along with it. Most interested in hearing any additional features and changes the latest builds have though a heads up on any out of the ordinary or especially annoying bugs would also be appreciated... Loving the XL so far but noticed it can't send gifs by text and a few other minor things I'd like to fix by getting a newer build if possible.

Thanks

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
I view is "take the plunge" is like having no patience for a day or two and take your paycheck to stupid Money Mart cash it and losing 20% of it.:amaze:

duncanstives

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Um.... What?

If you meant "my view is that participating in the insider program is equivalent to making foolish financial decisions out of impatience" then you are mistaken... The Insider program is obviously not without it's downsides but for those that wish to get an early look at what is in the pipeline, participate in shaping an ecosystem they are passionate about and understand the risks its a great thing. My experience was very positive on previous phones... Just wasn't sure if it was as important on this device since it is already equipped with W10.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I would suggest getting the insider builds on the 950XL should be pretty safe especially when some of those builds are specifically targeting 950XL fixes.

camptime

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Been using insider fast ring since first week January, my 950 XL is my daily driver and not had any regrets running fast ring.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6