Phone stays on while charging

slimcomp

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
After being an Android user for the past 7 years, this is my first windows Phone. I normally turn my phone off before going to bed, and connect it to the charger. The problem I have here is the Phone turns on automatically the moment I connect it to the Charger. my question is why don't it stay turned off.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Some droid phones so it as well. My personal preference is charging whilst of. Bit of peace and quite! Thank the lord for quiet hours.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
After being an Android user for the past 7 years, this is my first windows Phone. I normally turn my phone off before going to bed, and connect it to the charger. The problem I have here is the Phone turns on automatically the moment I connect it to the Charger. my question is why don't it stay turned off.

Welcome aboard! Despite what you may of heard / hear, windows isn't the dead horse people say it is. These boards are uber helpful, there is so much info available, and you won't get your head bitten off for asking newbie questions! What device device did you go for?

M4cc45

Jan 26, 2016
Visit site
I may be completley wrong and it's not much help but I'm sure I had mine on charge and then turned it off and it stayed off.

Just a different way of doing it?

Jonnie LasVegas

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I may be completley wrong and it's not much help but I'm sure I had mine on charge and then turned it off and it stayed off.

Just a different way of doing it?

They won't charge while off. Even how you described it will cause the phone to turn on. This was one thing that bothered me about Windows Phone.

Lee Power

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I think it's a good idea. Much more chance of a stolen phone being located / erased remotely / blocked if it powers up whenever its connected to a charger or usb lead.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
It's because Windows phone uses software to send signals when fully charged to reroute/otherwise control the charge. The Android phones that stay off while charging have a hardware solution to do it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb