Please talk me off the ledge!!

ludikreco

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
Yes should be like that...but if there is a workaround for the moment why not to use it.OS is still buggy...and its much easier to do this than to complain here about all that things and to have phone that doesn't work properly?

sikurunana

Jan 26, 2016
Visit site
also I forgot to mention, Lumia 930 does not have Glance Screen if I'm not mistaken, which is the main reason why I chose the 830. That was a major deal-breaker for me. Glance screen is probably the best feature that has passed down through generations of Nokia phones. :)

peter leung 10586

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
also I forgot to mention, Lumia 930 does not have Glance Screen if I'm not mistaken, which is the main reason why I chose the 830. That was a major deal-breaker for me. Glance screen is probably the best feature that has passed down through generations of Nokia phones. :)
930 doesn't support glance screen but it supports double tap wake up.

jmagwp

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I just processed my return for the 950xl through the Microsoft store...

Honestly, I don't blame you. W10M is a hot mess. I'm an admitted Microsoft ******, but I'm no longer recommending Windows Phone or Windows Mobile to anyone. My wife needs a new phone, I told her she would be better off on iPhone or Android. And I've seriously considered dropping the platform until they get it together in a few years and get back to the superior quality of WP8.1. The hardware on the 950XL is good, camera is excellent, but the OS is garbage at this point.

cincykid76

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Honestly, I don't blame you. W10M is a hot mess. I'm an admitted Microsoft ******, but I'm no longer recommending Windows Phone or Windows Mobile to anyone. My wife needs a new phone, I told her she would be better off on iPhone or Android. And I've seriously considered dropping the platform until they get it together in a few years and get back to the superior quality of WP8.1. The hardware on the 950XL is good, camera is excellent, but the OS is garbage at this point.

I'm in the exact same place and said the exact same thing to my girlfriend...

DarthJay38

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
Truthfully, I have been on Windows Phone since 7.0 and I was right there on the ledge too. I stepped back in the window, though, and upgraded to a Lumia 950 from my 920. I really wish I hadn't - and I don't say that without having put a great deal of thought into it.

My wife has an iPhone 6s, and I've played around with all the Microsoft apps on it...and you know what? They're better. Even Microsoft knows to invest their money where the users are - and they're not on Windows Phone. I think it's a sadly missed opportunity to get people onto their ecosystem, because I frankly think it's a far superior OS to that of either iOS or Android. But when they (Microsoft) are putting all their time into other platforms, ignoring the massive app gap and using their entire loyal user-base as beta-testers...what is our reaction supposed to be?! The general feeling of the audience is that we've been hung out to dry, at least in my humble opinion.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
The 930's screen lacks some HW that is essential for glance screen to function, so it could not be done.

Screen has no 'memory' or whatever it is called. I love my 930, but I love the glance on my 1520 and 1320. So....because I love the 930, I bought a band when they were heavily discounted. No need for glance on the 930 now, it's all on my wrist! Yay!

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know for sure if double tap to wake feature is 100% not happening on 950/xl ?? that might be the deal breaker for me

Only people who know about it are Microsoft.

In response to your original post:
Well I think you are matured enough to climb the ledge, then you are mature enough to decide which side you want to be, based on your needs.

So decide based on your needs. Nobody can tell you what your needs are.

Posted via the Windows Central App

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Well I think you are matured enough to climb the ledge, then you are mature enough to decide which side you want to be, based on your needs.

M3j1mOA.jpg

Compiux

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Well, I broke my WP and I am forced to get an android because no carrier has WP anymore. The experience is... different and I do miss several things of the OS (Live tiles, the camera, the menu navigation) but in all honesty, Android is a mature software. Yes, it is buggy but not like Windows10 current state. Most important, all Windows services are on Android so what you would really be missing is the UI

So, the real question here is: Are you able to live without the WP UI? Because on all other fields, Android is equally capable (if not more capable) and if you think "But Android is a resource hog"... well, I guess so... but you can always put Cyanogenmod on your droid.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo