Is it possible to open a pdf file under Continuum?

alpha0ero

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Tried opening a pdf file while using Continuum but the pdf apps like Adobe Acrobat and Xodo aren't supported. Maybe I'm missing something...you would think a fundamental file format that has been around for 50 bazillion years would be supported.

Last edited:

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Edge is Microsoft's intended PDF reader, and it works in Continuum. Personally, I think that's terrible and would much rather see them update their 8.1 Reader app to UWP (and add things like Continuum and printing). I believe Foxit also works in Continuum, but I'm not 100% sure as I've never used that one.

rider2040

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
You've got it backwards. It is Adobe Reader that doesn't support Continuum, not the other way around. Try using Edge as your default PDF reader if you want Continuum support.

chsoriano

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, it should work in Edge as others have suggested. I just wish it supported printing. Tried to do that twice the other day...

peter leung 10586

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
Tried opening a pdf file while using Continuum but the pdf apps like Adobe Acrobat and Xodo aren't supported. Maybe I'm missing something...you would think a fundamental file format that has been around for 50 bazillion years would be supported.
have you tried the Microsoft pdf reader?

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720