Replacement charger

Chippy757

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,

Would anyone know where in UK it would be possible to buy a genuine replacement charger. MS store does not seem to have them on sale for some reason. Lost mine and now charging through usb for time being...
Thanks.

mryan55

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
Same thing here in the US. Microsoft does not offer the in-box AC charger after the fact. The Microsoft retail stores here do sell a Ventev brand QuickCharge 2.0 capable charger. I purchased one to take when I travel as it is just a USB brick to which you can attach any USB-A to USB-C cable. It seems to work just fine. I didn't want to take the MS charger on the road since it seems like constant wrapping and unwrapping of the cable might eventually damage it.

mryan55

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
All of the chargers I have found seem to work just fine. I think the bigger issue that people are having is when it comes to using a cheap USB-C to USB-A cable to transfer data to their computers.

Chippy757

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions, I am using the AC-60 charger currently with wireless plate I got with my 930 and it does seem very slow to charge. Looks like I just need a 3A charger with usb port as this one is only 1.5 and I could then connect charging plate to it or go for wired charger, but I like wireless roo much... Strange thing is, AC 100 is on eBay, but not the MS Store?

Chippy757

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
That link Joao does not open, perhaps because it cannot find the product on UK site.
I was going to get USB C cable from MS direct, then just a charger separately, as AC 100 does not have removable cable :eck:

What a pain this...

kwill

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Would choetech's updated charge still fast charge the device since technically its not using Qualcomm's quick charge tech? Though only the usb c to USB c charger they sell would work since it provides the needed 5v/3amps.

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Would choetech's updated charge still fast charge the device since technically its not using Qualcomm's quick charge tech? Though only the usb c to USB c charger they sell would work since it provides the needed 5v/3amps.

It charges quite fast for my 950xl

Edit: Oops. You were referring to the Updated charger. I assume it would since it's 5w and 3amp

kwill

May 25, 2012
Visit site
It charges quite fast for my 950xl

Edit: Oops. You were referring to the Updated charger. I assume it would since it's 5w and 3amp

Ok, I didn't see that it was 5v/3amp. I'm no electrician, so I assume that the total 18watt output is how you know it's 5v/3amp capable?

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
The one thing to keep in mind (if it matters to you) is that most (all of the ones I've tried) third-party chargers don't power the Display Dock.

But other than that, for best results, all you really need is a native USB-C 3A/5W charger as stated.

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Ok, I didn't see that it was 5v/3amp. I'm no electrician, so I assume that the total 18watt output is how you know it's 5v/3amp capable?

I checked the output from the original power adapter. It shows 5w/3a. So just try to match that at least. Any decent adapter would show the watts and amps. Or volts and amps. Volt x amps = watts. I'm no electrician, but matching power output should do the trick.

JoaoCSM

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
That link Joao does not open, perhaps because it cannot find the product on UK site.
I was going to get USB C cable from MS direct, then just a charger separately, as AC 100 does not have removable cable :eck:

What a pain this...

That is weird. I am in france and it opens quite fine. Try again. Maybe there was a timeout.

Chippy757

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
Well I went ahead and purchased Anker PowerPort+ 1 Quick Charge 3.0 18W charger with their USB C cable. Will soon find out.:straight:

Update: It took 2hrs and 20 min from flat to 100% with Anker... Compared to 3.5hrs using Samsung Qi plate.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiebention