It's the little things

jblanken64

Aug 11, 2007
Visit site
I love the 950XL from a HW standpoint and for its potential. But the little things that I encounter on a daily basis are what infuriate me.

- Volume showing 5, but phone still vibrating (or maybe not even vibrating).
- Bluetooth sometimes not connecting with my car or fitbit until I reboot the phone.
- No email sounds or vibrations even though they are enabled everywhere they can be.
- "Resuming" on the messaging app and numerous others for no apparent reason.
- Double uploads to OneDrive for images and videos.

These are just some of the little things that I've noticed. There are others that I can't remember right now. I can handle the app gap, but I simply want the phone to work as well as its competition. This frustration may be what pushes me to another platform. It's always the little things that matter.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
I love the 950XL from a HW standpoint and for its potential. But the little things that I encounter on a daily basis are what infuriate me.

- Volume showing 5, but phone still vibrating (or maybe not even vibrating).
mine is working as it should
- Bluetooth sometimes not connecting with my car or fitbit until I reboot the phone.
don't have a Bluetooth car radio BUT when listening to music and a call comes in or txt my Bluetooth earpiece works perfectly and then back to my music with no hiccups
- No email sounds or vibrations even though they are enabled everywhere they can be.
I had this at the beginning but then I read on here somewhere you have to enable the settings IN YOUR EMAIL SETTINGS
- "Resuming" on the messaging app and numerous others for no apparent reason.
never had this problem on my device
- Double uploads to OneDrive for images and videos.
again never had this problems

These are just some of the little things that I've noticed. There are others that I can't remember right now. I can handle the app gap, but I simply want the phone to work as well as its competition. This frustration may be what pushes me to another platform. It's always the little things that matter.

I think the best thing to do in your situation is to restore your device to factory and don't install from a back up! and no sim card when restoring your phone

jblanken64

Aug 11, 2007
Visit site
I think the best thing to do in your situation is to restore your device to factory and don't install from a back up! and no sim card when restoring your phone

I think the biggest overall issue is that none of these problems are consistent. Sometimes they happen and sometimes they don't. I've been on Windows Phone since the 920 was released. I actually helped write the graphics drivers that were released in WP8. I've checked all settings and everything is as it should be. I've used the preview builds, but the problems are still there and intermittent.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

Hey beman thanks for the "IN YOUR EMAIL SETTINGS" tip, didn't know realize that was there...duh!

M4cc45

Jan 26, 2016
Visit site
I always have resuming on WhatsApp - I also have WhatsApp randomly closing (and me not noticing as I assume it's running).

On .71 here as well but no improvement. I find the push notifications awful as well.

I should state I don't have the other problems as the previous poster suggested I can get email notifications working fine and the volume seems fine. I do have longish sound notifications which also get cut off. I'd love to be able to press the on button and see the banners like on the evil phone as that would be more useful than the tiny numbers at the bottom.

CraigCole

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
I agree with the OP 100 percent. W10M is a nightmare right now. There are just so many issues, here, there, everywhere; it's laughable. It also has more design inconsistencies than can be listed, which annoys me to no end.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
I agree with the OP 100 percent. W10M is a nightmare right now. There are just so many issues, here, there, everywhere; it's laughable. It also has more design inconsistencies than can be listed, which annoys me to no end.

relaxe buddy, it isn't THAT BAD like you try to make it, Win10 has been running fine for me and nothing major or anything worth getting ur panties in a bunch :winktongue:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss