Revised Camera App- What's happening

David Parody

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
The camera app on my 950XL got an update in the last few days.

The most noticeable thing is a "choose the best lighting" slider. So far all I think it does is takes two pics, one before/after the flash goes and the slider seems to give you whatever amount of fill in you choose between one and the other. Not very good with moving subjects as the time delay between the two shots ends up giving you a blurry shot!
wp_ss_20160209_0001.jpgCapture.PNG
Not a great addition to the camera app.

If you are shooting with the RAW option, you also get two RAW files, one with and one without flash. This is going to eat up a lot of space on your SD card very soon so beware.

Is there any way of disabling this "feature"?

indospot

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
This is not a new feature for sure. Maybe it was disabled by default now, I guess, but it's been there for a while.

Sent from mTalk

prjkthack

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Rich Capture has been around for a few years. Here is a blog post that basically explains what rich capture does, but the software has changed slightly since it was introduced.

But you can always turn it off should you choose to not want to use Rich Capture.

KyleGM

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
The camera app on my 950XL got an update in the last few days.

The most noticeable thing is a "choose the best lighting" slider. So far all I think it does is takes two pics, one before/after the flash goes and the slider seems to give you whatever amount of fill in you choose between one and the other. Not very good with moving subjects as the time delay between the two shots ends up giving you a blurry shot!
View attachment 122002View attachment 122003
Not a great addition to the camera app.

If you are shooting with the RAW option, you also get two RAW files, one with and one without flash. This is going to eat up a lot of space on your SD card very soon so beware.

Is there any way of disabling this "feature"?

You must have accidentally enabled it as it comes with the Lumia 950XL when you purchase it, there's no way not to have it installed. All you do to disable it is press the little magic wand icon :) It doesn't only handle flash, it also handles HDR in bright daytime shots which looks really good!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb