Can I get some help with a mobile data issue?

Hamadasco

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
mobile data issues

hey guys i got the lumia 950 xl but im having problems with my mobile data.. on my previous 925 lumia when i would use mobile data it was fast and on speedtest it was above 8mbps.. now on the lumia 950xl the speed is only 0.3mbps and doesnt go faster.. downloads are very slow.. what seems to me the problem with the phone? cuz im sure its not a sim card issue.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: mobile data issues

Must be a radio band incompatibility issue. Check the official specifications of your Lumia 950XL (cellular specifications - note the frequency bands it uses) and compare that with the Lumia 925. I suspect your L925 is more compatible with your network than your L950XL.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: mobile data issues

View attachment 122029

these are the results.. im sorry but i dont really understand them lol.. they seem alike a bit

Which among these columns is the 925 and the 950XL?

And check your local mobile internet service provider - check their operating frequencies (it should be in their website or in Wikipedia). Check if the frequency they're operating in is listed in the column for the 950XL.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
In that case, you may want to consider bringing it back to the store (where you purchased it) and aim at getting a replacement.

Vishca

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I had this problem when I got mine a few weeks ago. The phone also kept asking for the network password,although it had already been entered, it would not store in memory.
To fix your issue try this ,connect your phone to a PC you will need to have installed the windows device recovery tool, (its Microsoft software so safe to use), it will scan for your phones software and prompt you to download the latest rom. It takes a while so be patient, follow the on screen instructions on your phone. If you get options of backup install or start fresh, choose fresh, choosing backup only reloads the rom you already had. When done restart your phone and enter all you info. You should be good too go. Also check settings for any further updates, you should do this from the main menu and from the store for app updates.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon