Can you use Remote Desktop with Continuum?

P D C

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
So I just had a thought that might sway me to give the 950xl a shot. If I connect the 950xl to a tv using continuum. Can I then use the Remote Desktop app and get full access to my work PC? Even though my company gave me a laptop I hate lugging it around and set it up to VPN in and Remote Desktop connect to it with my personal laptop. If I could get full functioning Remote Desktop with continuum and I would need to carry around is a Bluetooth keyboard/mouse and a display or miracast that would be a game changer. I wouldn't care how "full featured pc" like continuum was, because I would have the full function of my work machine at my finger tips.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Yes it works... I Cisco VPN in, and can connect to my work servers via remote desktop on my 950XL. Remote desktop Preview is needed for continuum, but the original Remote desktop app is better if you are solely connecting by your phone and using only that. I need my keyboard lock keys... I was told it was coming to the preview version also. Remote Desktop Preview with keyboard and mouse is fine.

This is exactly what I wanted to do with my 950XL when I first got it in December and travel to visit an office, but remote desktop continuum wasn't ready :( So I can say it works but actually doing it for a full work day I can't speak about yet. I don't see why it couldn't handle it though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes