I dropped my 950XL last weekend and noticed only the next day that it had taken a hit. The otherwise totally unscathed phone has a little crack through the protective glass of the main camera in the back. Luckily, it is just around the camera shutter, and actually does not appear in photos. However, it is long enough a crack to make me think that I should probably fix it as the next drop might just shatter it all.

I have managed to figure out that the camera cover is part of the back frame of the phone. It is not linked to the camera module. However, the question is, where could I source an original back frame. The local Microsoft does not appear to be a possibility.

Any ideas? Also, has anyone had this done - and so how expensive would it be?
    02-17-2016 08:11 AM
    Yeah have heard few people had similar problems...i guess check the forums for solutions...or go to Microsoft store or 3rd party repair guys...
    02-17-2016 08:19 AM
    Well, there's no Msft store in Athens, so that option is out. Instead of sending the phone through Vodafone for repair for three weeks I am trying to ensure that I have the part sourced myself when I go to the 3rd party repair shop that knows what to do the same day. Reason is that they cannot find a piece themselves either...
    02-17-2016 08:23 AM
    Well, there's no Msft store in Athens, so that option is out. Instead of sending the phone through Vodafone for repair for three weeks I am trying to ensure that I have the part sourced myself when I go to the 3rd party repair shop that knows what to do the same day. Reason is that they cannot find a piece themselves either...
    Did you check Amazon. See below
    http://www.amazon.de/gp/aw/d/B01BGLJ...ndrocentr0a-21
    02-17-2016 08:49 AM
    Thanks, but it's is not the back cover. It is the frame under the back cover and battery itself that has the cover for the camera shutter. I will keep looking though.
    02-17-2016 09:47 AM
    My solution is to duck tape broken phone and wait few weeks...it will be obsolete then I buy a new one
    associatedpress likes this.
    02-17-2016 10:06 AM
    there's a site called fonejoy that sells original parts.
    02-17-2016 10:21 AM
    Thanks Gordon. This might work!
    02-17-2016 10:49 AM
    I dropped my 950XL last weekend and noticed only the next day that it had taken a hit. The otherwise totally unscathed phone has a little crack through the protective glass of the main camera in the back. Luckily, it is just around the camera shutter, and actually does not appear in photos. However, it is long enough a crack to make me think that I should probably fix it as the next drop might just shatter it all.

I have managed to figure out that the camera cover is part of the back frame of the phone. It is not linked to the camera module. However, the question is, where could I source an original back frame. The local Microsoft does not appear to be a possibility.

Any ideas? Also, has anyone had this done - and so how expensive would it be?
    i don't understand. what is the exact part of the phone you had broken? if you mean the protective glass of the main camera, it is NOT a part of the back cover. and......... where can you see the camera shutter? in my knowledge, shutters in smartphones are electronical and not mechanical.
    02-17-2016 08:05 PM
    Teemu, tuolta lytyy orkkisosina se lasi ja liima, toimittaa suomeen nopeasti ja halvalla:
    9410778 Microsoft Lumia 950 XL - Klebe-Folie f. Camera Glass
    9463192 Microsoft Lumia 950 XL - Kamera-Scheibe
    teemulehtinen and Joe920 like this.
    02-18-2016 12:25 AM
    If the glass doesn't look like it's about to crumble and fall apart, you can try a cheap $10 case to hold it all together. You can wait until the parts are more readily available or cheaper to fix. Unless you're OCD paranoid about it like me.
    Corwin_Amber1 likes this.
    02-18-2016 01:42 AM
    Thank you all! The problem got solved with a little help from MSFT Hellas. The part, which is in the backframe, not cover, can be replaced separately indeed. The cost is not exorbitant. I paid 35 work included.

I can warmly recommend Mobitel at Katechaki 51 for any Athens located person here. They also do Samsung, HTC and iPhone repairs.
    02-20-2016 01:05 PM
    I went nuts and looked up all part numbers I could find, see this post in a similar thread.
    03-27-2016 10:34 AM