No USB Connection after 10.0.10586.107

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Today 950Xl was updated to 10.0.10586.107 but now connecting USB cable from desktop no longer recognized by desktop and does not show up in Explorer. The following did not fix the problem:

1. Restarting desktop
  2. restarting 950XL
  3. restarting 950XL by removing battery+SIM1+SIM2+SD
  4. :angry::sweaty:

CaptainLumia

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Did you try any of the methods I listed in this forum:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/mi...y-win-10-computers-dont-connect-my-950xl.html

Should resolve it.

There's also a third and last resort method: install Nokia Care Suite (if you can find a recent version). It also installs a whole array of drivers. I'd also uninstall the "Windows phone app for Desktop", "WDRT" and Nokia Care Suite, first. Then do a clean install in that order.

To summarize:
Uninstall any of those three software titles first and any Nokia or phone drivers. Starting clean makes a big difference as something may have gotten 'corrupted'. Then I would start reinstalling in this order until one of the software titles installs a driver that lets your PC recognize your phone:
1. Windows phone app for Desktop
2. Windows Device Recovery Tool
3. Nokia Care Suite

I have 100% faith if you follow these steps, your phone will be recognized. I had to do this myself. I also found that after my phone was recognized, I could uninstall all the software and 'driver' packages and my PC still recognized my phone, while saving HDD space and keeping my PC 'de-cluttered'.

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Thanks a lot folks for hints. Due to having no brain cells to hard reset or other complicated procedures, I just said several :angry::shocked::sweaty: to my computer and cell phone and turned off both had a nap and after restarting my desktop tada! my 950XL is back to normal.:love:

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Thanks a lot folks for hints. Due to having no brain cells to hard reset or other complicated procedures, I just said several :angry::shocked::sweaty: to my computer and cell phone and turned off both had a nap and after restarting my desktop tada! my 950XL is back to normal.:love:

It was the nap

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo