I've recently found that when people call me on my 950XL that they are hearing an echo on their end. It seems to be happening 100% of the time, as I've started asking callers right away if they hear an echo and they always say yes (although I haven't yet confirmed if it also happens when I'm on bluetooth).

If I call them, there is no echo, so I always offer to call them back and when I do they always tell me the call quality is much better.

I recently installed the .107 update and I'm wondering if this is when the problem started. Has anybody else noticed this issue?

I would appreciate if anybody else with this phone and this update installed could verify for me whether or not they're also experiencing it, because if it's a hardware issue I could always exchange it but if it's a software issue I might want to roll back the latest update.

EDIT: Maybe I should also mention that I bought the phone unlocked at MS Store and I've activated it on Telus in Canada. Not sure if that matters.
    Mesbah likes this.
    02-25-2016 10:53 AM
    I'm having this issue too. Bought unlocked from MS store also and activated on Rogers network. The phone is a dual sim and I'm only using one.

I'm not sure that everyone hears this echo though... I only have one person complaining about echo when he calls me.

hoping for a solution!
    02-25-2016 11:13 AM
    Actually, I just got another call from my wife using her Lumia 640XL and she heard no echo, but she says when she calls from the land line she hears an echo. Maybe it's only a land line issue?
    02-25-2016 12:00 PM
    I've recently found that when people call me on my 950XL that they are hearing an echo on their end. It seems to be happening 100% of the time, as I've started asking callers right away if they hear an echo and they always say yes (although I haven't yet confirmed if it also happens when I'm on bluetooth).

If I call them, there is no echo, so I always offer to call them back and when I do they always tell me the call quality is much better.

I recently installed the .107 update and I'm wondering if this is when the problem started. Has anybody else noticed this issue?

I would appreciate if anybody else with this phone and this update installed could verify for me whether or not they're also experiencing it, because if it's a hardware issue I could always exchange it but if it's a software issue I might want to roll back the latest update.

EDIT: Maybe I should also mention that I bought the phone unlocked at MS Store and I've activated it on Telus in Canada. Not sure if that matters.
    This problem has been linked to some issue with Hey Cortana. If you have Hey Cortana enabled, try turning it off.

Sent from mTalk, a great Tapatalk alternative
    02-25-2016 12:18 PM
    Oh, ok. I'm going to test that out and see what happens.
    02-25-2016 01:20 PM
    Yup, that should fix it...seems to be a bug that it does not turn off hey cortana., so the sound cancellation microphones do not work right. You can also put the call on hold and take it off, and that is supposed to clear it up as well. I would have thought they would have fixed that by now, as it has been an issue since day one. I have had my hey cortona off for a long time, and it fixed my issue. I have been meaning to turn it back on now that I have redstone and the latest firmware to see if they addressed the issue.
    02-25-2016 04:44 PM
    So I did as suggested and you guys were right. Turned off Hey Cortana and the echo is gone. Also, apparently the sound quality in general is much better.
    02-26-2016 09:38 PM