where can i buy the "000-88" lumia 950xl?

travis_valkyrie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
000-xx

xx = numbers = the phone is sold by continent/region.
xx = letters = then the phone is sold by country.

If you're after the 000-88 model just because it's unlocked, don't worry. 000 means it's unlocked, this is only replaced if it's going to be sold through a mobile carrier. The phone with this ID is pretty much the same as every other handset, although this would probably get the updates faster than everyone else.

peter leung 10586

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
000-xx

xx = numbers = the phone is sold by continent/region.
xx = letters = then the phone is sold by country.

If you're after the 000-88 model just because it's unlocked, don't worry. 000 means it's unlocked, this is only replaced if it's going to be sold through a mobile carrier. The phone with this ID is pretty much the same as every other handset, although this would probably get the updates faster than everyone else.
my 950xl is "000-hk". it's unlocked. but it is a hong kong variant. its default language is chinese and its default country/region is hong kong. i am curious if i got a "000-88", what is its default language and country/region?...

travis_valkyrie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
my 950xl is "000-hk". it's unlocked. but it is a hong kong variant. its default language is chinese and its default country/region is hong kong. i am curious if i got a "000-88", what is its default language and country/region?...

Default language will be set to English (International) or just English, with no set region. When setting up a phone with 000-88 firmware, you may see in the region selection Afghanistan being the first alphabetically.

Joe_N

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I have. It did reset to Chinese but the very first menu option was to change the language so it is incredibly easy to change to English.

GizmoEV

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I bought an RM-1085_11302 which is the international 950XL single SIM version. It is on AT&T and says 000-88 as the mobile operator. When I received it I put my AT&T SIM in it and turned it on it came up in Chinese. I did a hardware reset using the power and volume button reset sequence. When the phone finished it came up and asked in English to select language and region. The only place I still see Chinese listed is in the Speech language settings screen. My Wife's US model 950XL dual SIM does not have this.

peter leung 10586

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
I bought an RM-1085_11302 which is the international 950XL single SIM version. It is on AT&T and says 000-88 as the mobile operator. When I received it I put my AT&T SIM in it and turned it on it came up in Chinese. I did a hardware reset using the power and volume button reset sequence. When the phone finished it came up and asked in English to select language and region. The only place I still see Chinese listed is in the Speech language settings screen. My Wife's US model 950XL dual SIM does not have this.
thanks. if the default language of "000-88" is chinese, i am not interested in it..^^ i never use chinese. i think the "000-11" is more suitable for me..

emigrating

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
The default language on the 000-88 version is still based on the region it's sold in. Most of the 950/XL's I've seen in the wild has been 000-88's and they've been sold in France, Germany, the UK, Hong Kong, the US and even Mexico.

Not that it really matters anyway, as most of these will pick a default language at first boot-up based on the SIM card inserted in the phone at the time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb