Latest build bugs introduced....1007

peashooter14

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Dear MSFT developers, you are not that good. Please remove the feature where you now allow unlimited apps to be open in the background and go back to the cap of 6 or 8 (whatever it used to be). I don't need a TAP to resume navigation push notification from a trip I made in my car three days ago.

Reminders get stuck in an infinite loop if you have more than two that occur at one time. I have to manually delete the notifications. Dismiss, just keeps em coming back.

NO ONE ever needs more than 6-8 apps in the background.

Grodelj

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
I like this too and it would be even better, of apps could actually run together, like true multitasking. If continuum is used, one can run on the phone and other on the screen simultaneously. It is a shame that two apps cannot multitask on the phone or on the screen (left part word and right part excel for example).

anon(2523636)

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
The OP makes a bold claim that "NO ONE ever needs more than 6-8 apps in the background" and therefore that is a bug. He has an opinion, that is valid - but the language used is poor. He cannot comment for everyone, so rather than "NO ONE ever needs" his opinion really is "I can't think of a reason for more than 6-8 apps in the background". Also, it is a designed feature not a bug.
The bug you have is "Reminders get stuck in an infinite loop if you have more than two that occur at one time. I have to manually delete the notifications. Dismiss, just keeps em coming back" which I assume as you are running an insider build you have reported via the Feedback app.

BonzeUK

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Would have been useful if the OP had explained why "NO ONE ever needs more than 6-8 apps in the background".

Posted from Windows Central for Windows 10

peashooter14

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
The OP makes a bold claim that "NO ONE ever needs more than 6-8 apps in the background" and therefore that is a bug. He has an opinion, that is valid - but the language used is poor. He cannot comment for everyone, so rather than "NO ONE ever needs" his opinion really is "I can't think of a reason for more than 6-8 apps in the background". Also, it is a designed feature not a bug.
The bug you have is "Reminders get stuck in an infinite loop if you have more than two that occur at one time. I have to manually delete the notifications. Dismiss, just keeps em coming back" which I assume as you are running an insider build you have reported via the Feedback app.

Wow, a bunch of tough guys. Please list 6 concurrent applications that need to be running at the same time. This is not 6 applications that need to give push notifications, but apps that literally need to be open in memory and battery. You are probably the same people who have 10 emails open, 16 excel documents, 20 internet tabs, and complain about performance.

Anyway the real point was WP10 is buggy as hell, and they have not flushed out the memory issues and battery issues, so why would they open up the # of background apps now? Maybe in 6 months, but it still isn't fully baked. That was my main point, which I should have stated clearer.

anon(2523636)

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Tough guys? You are the one that opened your post "Dear MSFT developers, you are not that good".

The apps in the carousel are not all running at the same time. They are suspended awaiting relaunch. This status makes re-opening often used applications much faster.

Ten Four

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
The apps in the carousel are not all running at the same time. They are suspended awaiting relaunch. This status makes re-opening often used applications much faster.
And it seems to work very well on my 640 running .107. It never seems to bog down like WP8.1 did on a regular basis.

Corwin_Amber1

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
Exactly (Tombstoned to RAM, saved state, faster resume). Please do not tell me, what I need or not. You are free to close any app down manually. why should it bother you, if 5, 10, 1000 are possible, when you close them down manually anyway?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos