Hi,

can someone please tell me there is a way to downsize a picture taken with the 950xl in highest Resolution to actually be able to be shared via Email or Dropbox? The Default size is too big and I can't seem to find a way to do so. I just spend 30 minutes on this and am shocked that this should be such a hassle...

Thank you!
    03-02-2016 09:53 AM
    I don't like that, either so I'd love to hear a solution 2.
    03-02-2016 12:39 PM
    You could send a txt message to yourself then save that file for emailing. Or take a screenshot image, and email that. Both options can quicky give you smaller files for emailing.
    JRDEMASKUS and anthonyng like this.
    03-02-2016 09:09 PM
    It's funny, in windows 8.1 we hated auto downsizing, now the others are voicing
    zei20t likes this.
    03-03-2016 08:09 AM
    Funny. I like the high Rez photos for family photos etc but I also have a problem sending more than two photos at a time to some email contacts.

There's a few apps like image squeezer that will resize the photos for you based on what settings you choose.
    I do wish someone would make one that does batch resizing so you can do more than one at a time though.
    Using the screenshot trick sounds to be the fastest method to just quickly get a smaller size photo.

I also take lots of pictures of things at work and save them on my one drive for my accounts.
    The large photos sure eat up the storage when we save hundreds of them!
    So what I have done is I now use ProShot camera as a second camera app and keep it set low at 2MP quality which makes about 600k file size photos. They still look plenty good if you don't need to zoom or crop.
    03-03-2016 08:36 AM
    Oh yeah. A week so or so I went to send some photos via email and I did so in a different order, like from the photo app or something, and an option popped up for photo size!

I don't remember what got me to that but I though the option was there.

The iPhone I use for work gives a choice for photo resize. That's like the only feature that is better on the iPhone.
    Last edited by TrueMetalGeek; 03-03-2016 at 08:57 AM.
    03-03-2016 08:39 AM
    I just tested the screenshot thing. Doing that did not make the file size smaller.
    And I couldn't find the option again to choose file size in email. Maybe I was sending through another client when I saw that feature. :-/
    03-03-2016 08:56 AM
    Really, lack of this feature makes simple tasks very difficult
    03-12-2016 04:06 PM
    Upload to OneDrive, then share the link.
    03-12-2016 04:11 PM
    Heh, I always wanted to email full-size pics. But anyway you could do this, if you dont have download it Fantasia Painter app (free one is enough - btw great photo editing app). In app open your picture and save it immediately (you don't have to do any editing) and send that one.

I just checked it.
    Original pic= 3550x2000 1.99 mb
    After app= 1919x1080 0.21 mb
    03-12-2016 04:24 PM
    Heh, I always wanted to email full-size pics. But anyway you could do this, if you dont have download it Fantasia Painter app (free one is enough - btw great photo editing app). In app open your picture and save it immediately (you don't have to do any editing) and send that one.

I just checked it.
    Original pic= 3550x2000 1.99 mb
    After app= 1919x1080 0.21 mb
    The hole idea is to take a pic(s) and email immediately when need it. So understandable.
    03-12-2016 04:47 PM
    It's funny, in windows 8.1 we hated auto downsizing, now the others are voicing

Problem is the morons at Microsoft cant seem to comprehend that people want choice and not to be forced into doing it only one way or the other. But since the iphone does give you a choice and our pal Joe B is off doing all that "research" on the iphone I'm sure that feature will come, soon.....
    03-12-2016 05:57 PM
    If you have to email them, just compress them via the 8ZIP app. Send them as an attachment.

Share via OneDrive or Skype. Text messages work also.
    03-12-2016 10:55 PM
    If you have to email them, just compress them via the 8ZIP app. Send them as an attachment.
    You shoud know that JPGs are already compressed files. This is #1.
    #2 I don't have time to spend for additional/extra tasks. I just need to make a shots and email. That's it. Simple.
    03-13-2016 11:17 AM
    that's why I liked the 16+5mp photo option with lower quality upload option to OneDrive on Lumia 930....
    5mp photos were perfect for sharing.
    03-13-2016 12:16 PM
    You shoud know that JPGs are already compressed files. This is #1.
    #2 I don't have time to spend for additional/extra tasks. I just need to make a shots and email. That's it. Simple.
    #1) there are differing levels of compression, as well as different types of compression that does a better or poorer job.

#2) i really have never used any email service or apps that automatically reduce resolutions of images. If you have, you've been pretty lucky. If it does, how would it know what level of compression as to not reduce the quality so much that details are loss/omitted? just gotta wait for MS to add the feature. I'm sure their response would be, 'coming soon'

I use the normal default Camera app on my 950XL. Not sure if you were aware. Under the triple dot, then settings, you can change resolution from 16MP to 8MP. Also an option for 8MP + 16MP. And 4:3 formatting instead of 16:9. May help reduce file size a bit. I tried with some different lenses, but didn't help much. GL.
    03-13-2016 05:28 PM
    ... i really have never used any email service or apps that automatically reduce resolutions of images. If you have, you've been pretty lucky.
    The point is that from Windows Phone 7 (which I have been from day 1) and until 10 when you attached photos they were auto reduced. Now it's completely opposite. The best solution would be an OPTIONAL reducing that can be used whenever it's needed.
    03-13-2016 09:36 PM