After the latest firmware and software updates

Lifttech

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
After the latest firmware, and software updates (insider fast ring) My phone is now rock solid. Using now as a daily driver for work.:smile:

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Ditto for me. It has been pretty much rock solid since I go the latest Redstone build and firmware. I think I had one reboot early on, but none since, and I had been having them regularly with one of the later Threshold builds My phone easily lasts a long day, with 30 to 40% charge left at the end of the day, as long I do not play a lot of power hungry games. I even noticed when using it for GPS driving with Maps, it did not get hot like I have always been used to with any of my phones using GPS. For an early Redstone build, I have too say I am very happy and have been using it since Redstone rolled out for Insiders on the Fast Ring.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I knew better and did it anyway?. shame on me.

A couple of days before my last business trip, I installed Build .1004 (already had the FW 1078.38.16025.39005). As soon as I got off the plane and turned on the phone my well planned trip went to hell. Mostly due to the new build having a problem reading from the SD Card, the 950XL said it needed to Scanned to correct some error. I did (about 10 times, for I have seen this scan message on previous builds), and it came back with ?SD card scan failed, the SD card has unrecoverable errors. Please use a different one?. So, suck at the airport for 3 hours trying to fix the problem (trying EVERYTHING), finally gave up and hired a TAXI to take me to my Hotel, which cost me 3x the amount it should have (planned on using a Service, via an app). After arriving at the Hotel, I called MS Mobile support, and the first guy?s answer was that I should call the SD manufacturer to get a replacement?well, to make a very LONG and unpleasant conversation short? I hung up on that dead-end. Called back to get someone that actually wanted to fix the problem, and we figured out that I needed to have my Apps saved to ?the DEVICE? (I had them save to the SD card), she admitted that they had indeed experienced some occurrences where if the apps were stored on the SD card, it caused this ?SD failed? message. After relocating the apps, I did a soft-reset, another scan when prompted (the scan yielded no error message), and had only manageable lack-of-performance from then on, but all-in-all I consider it a MAJOR fail for this phone to perform as a business tool (at this time).

I hope my nightmare helps someone experiencing this same problem. (Please Note: I still very happy with the 950XL, and MS's direction).

teiva

May 23, 2015
Visit site
I've been pretty happy with .1004. Two things I've noticed so far. 1. The phone no longer reads out my messages either through BT or Headset & 2. I can't add any speech packs. Apart from that, I'm loving it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes