04-11-2016 11:44 PM
86 ... 234
tools
    Why? Lets see... All the apps I use are available so although there is an app gap it doesn't affect me at all. And no other phone has the Cortana experience across all devices, cloud experience across all devices, cool resizable tile interface, best (or nearly the best) camera available on any phone, Continuum on my phone, and other stuff. I stay cause the hardware features are only available here.

Everyone talks about the app gap. But whats important to me is the hardware and with Android or iOs I'd be lagging behind in the hardware features gap.
    Galaxy S7 Edge has better hardware in my opinion. Better build quality and better specs.
    04-01-2016 08:09 AM
    Guys, not to rain on your parade but Microsoft has abandoned you. At the Build conference they said "Windows Phone isn't our focus this year" Will it ever be their focus?
    You have a dearth of apps compared to ios or android and Microsoft isn't helping you out.
    I mean I like Microsoft but they show you no love, why stay with them?
    I know, I was crying at those comments. But, I do have to agree. They have to get UWP apps working and seamless. As a developer if I can hit 250 million machines running windows 10, and get mobile for free, then mobile has a chance. The approach is correct.

The only other thing they should try would be to take a 1$ Billion dollar hit and give away 2 million high end phone for Free, yes Free. You pay a $500 deposit, and if you use it for an entire year, it's free and you get a credit back to the MS store or something.
    rollindice likes this.
    04-01-2016 10:06 AM
    Apps are a huge reason why Android and iOS are hugely successful and offers a better user experience than WM10 IMO.

Regarding hardware features, Android manufacturers and Apple have better hardware features. Again, IMO. I picked up the Galaxy S7 Edge yesterday and WOW. The specs are better than the 950 XL, is water resistant, has expandable storage, camera is just as good, curved edges is sweet, and build quality is superior to the 950 XL.

Yes, Android and iOS have similar software technology like continuum. Yes, you can tell them to remind you based on geolocation.

Apple innovated with force touch which is very useful. But one of the reasons I went with android was Google Now on Tap which is crazy innovated and useful.

Also the recent news from Build 2016 that WM10 wasn't this year's focus was disappointing as well.

Again, I tried to give the 950 XL a chance but wasn't working out.
    I'm happy for you that you like your Android phone. I'm sure that the build quality is excellent.

I know that apps are the reason most people pick iOS or Android. I think I mentioned that too but that doesn't mean that I have to choose a phone due to available apps. Everyone should choose what's important to them. You mentioned that Android and iOS both have something that is equal to continuum. I am not aware of it. Neither is anyone I know that owns an iPhone or Android phone. Can you send me links? I even tried searching the web and came up a blank for anything that is remotely like the experience I have when I plug my 950xl into the display dock. I was also not aware that Hey Google was as sophisticated as Cortana. I was only basing my statement on me asking everyone I know who has an android phone.

Either way, I like continuum, the Cortana experience, live tiles, the display dock, the One Drive integration and many other features. I have windows 10 on my PC and surface so Windows on my phone is a good fit for me. My 950 XL does all I need a phone to do then then some. Even the xbox integration is cool. I'm not a heavy app user. If I was perhaps I'd need a different solution but all the apps I need are available and I love the feature set available with the 950xl.

I would never try to convince anyone to chose any phone so I hope you don't think I'm trying to do that to you. My advice to everyone is the same. Decide what you need the phone to do first then choose the hardware that best suits your needs. For me, its windows phone
    04-01-2016 07:13 PM
    I'm happy for you that you like your Android phone. I'm sure that the build quality is excellent.

I know that apps are the reason most people pick iOS or Android. I think I mentioned that too but that doesn't mean that I have to choose a phone due to available apps. Everyone should choose what's important to them. You mentioned that Android and iOS both have something that is equal to continuum. I am not aware of it. Neither is anyone I know that owns an iPhone or Android phone. Can you send me links? I even tried searching the web and came up a blank for anything that is remotely like the experience I have when I plug my 950xl into the display dock. I was also not aware that Hey Google was as sophisticated as Cortana. I was only basing my statement on me asking everyone I know who has an android phone.

Either way, I like continuum, the Cortana experience, live tiles, the display dock, the One Drive integration and many other features. I have windows 10 on my PC and surface so Windows on my phone is a good fit for me. My 950 XL does all I need a phone to do then then some. Even the xbox integration is cool. I'm not a heavy app user. If I was perhaps I'd need a different solution but all the apps I need are available and I love the feature set available with the 950xl.

I would never try to convince anyone to chose any phone so I hope you don't think I'm trying to do that to you. My advice to everyone is the same. Decide what you need the phone to do first then choose the hardware that best suits your needs. For me, its windows phone
    Good discussion and honest opinions. Good for consumers.

Cheers.
    04-01-2016 07:16 PM
    I'm totally happy with my Windows phone, other than a bit of 'app gap, but still no LTE or VVM. I stopped in the AT&T store yesterday and the guy was WORTHLESS. They have no intention of ever selling a Windows phone and know nothing about them. He was totally not interested in talking to me. Lack of LTE has really not been a problem for me and I never had VVM before so I guess it's no big deal, but this guy was BAD. If I worked in a store like that, I would at least try to educate myself on the products I was selling.
    04-04-2016 12:12 PM
    I'm totally happy with my Windows phone, other than a bit of 'app gap, but still no LTE or VVM. I stopped in the AT&T store yesterday and the guy was WORTHLESS. They have no intention of ever selling a Windows phone and know nothing about them. He was totally not interested in talking to me. Lack of LTE has really not been a problem for me and I never had VVM before so I guess it's no big deal, but this guy was BAD. If I worked in a store like that, I would at least try to educate myself on the products I was selling.

If you live in an area with good T-Mobile coverage just switch. LTE works just fine. I switched to T-Mobile from Verizon and never looked back
    04-04-2016 09:16 PM
    There is a difference between App gap and Feature gap. Microsoft may have lesser Apps on their platform, this is a fact. However, Features built into their mobile is far more enticing to me than anything.
    Built in Skype integration, Office suite, superb camera features, the best native email experience, OneDrive, navigation, not to mention a light OS which does not take up more than 5GB with all the above mentioned.

It just works for me out of the box.

Notes: Ok, I do use FB, 6tag, WhatsApp, Tapatalk, FB Messenger, too. But that's about all that I install. Then, it works for me, out of the box โ˜บ
    Mr Hyde and rollindice like this.
    04-04-2016 09:19 PM
    everything is running smooth, i love the live tiles, the whole design. no issues at all. i dont need all kinds of apps...

got your answer? :)

hope you'll find whatever you need on the Iphone!

all the bests!
    04-05-2016 07:51 AM
    I know, I was crying at those comments. But, I do have to agree. They have to get UWP apps working and seamless. As a developer if I can hit 250 million machines running windows 10, and get mobile for free, then mobile has a chance. The approach is correct.

The only other thing they should try would be to take a 1$ Billion dollar hit and give away 2 million high end phone for Free, yes Free. You pay a $500 deposit, and if you use it for an entire year, it's free and you get a credit back to the MS store or something.
    One other option they can do is offer the phone to purchase unlocked from their website and pay off within 6 months plan or something.
    04-08-2016 02:29 PM
    mine was fairly pleasant. few problems of app crashing, photos app giving me some trouble, random resets, but seemed smooth. after the 164 update I burn battery 3 times faster, random resets happens few times a week, apps crash, Cortana crashes ALOT, 4k video doesn't crash anymore, sometimes apps get up up and freeze, ive been hjere since wm5.0 PPC days and I'm almost at the point were I'm about to give up
    04-10-2016 10:10 PM
    I ~had~ loved this phone and now I am coming to loathe it. Absolutely beautiful phone and I have the mozo leather case but here are my issues.

- Can't get VPN to connect, won't pass credentials. I'm staring at the server side logs and see nothing. Works fine on my old windows phone and wife's freaking Amazon phone.
    - Has stopped connecting to wireless unless I turn wireless off and back on again
    - Bluetooth has crapped out, cannot connect to my MS band.
    - Email updates if it feels like it
    - Why am I asked to rate built in apps like "are you enjoying the messaging app?" like every other day.
    - Random lock ups of the main screen forcing a hard reset once a day at least
    - Why do so many things ignore quiet mode?

If they offered me my money back right now I would take it in a heartbeat. I've owned for Windows phones in a row and I am so done. Sitting here fuming through another update and reset. Never again. Camera is nice tho.
    04-11-2016 11:44 PM
86 ... 234