My 950 XL (single sim, just updated to todays .164 release) doesn't want to take screenshots. I push the power and vol + buttons, screen flashes and makes the sound, but it pops up at the top a message that says "Couldn't take screenshot" (not as a toast, but where the dots scroll across the top of the screen when it's loading stuff sometimes). It's been doing this since the .122 update. Anyone else notice this, have an idea to fix? I've tried power cycling and soft resetting, wanting to avoid hard reset as much as possible. I did try searching the forum before posting, as well.

Thanks for your help!
    03-08-2016 02:06 PM
    My 950 XL (single sim, just updated to todays .164 release) doesn't want to take screenshots. I push the power and vol + buttons, screen flashes and makes the sound, but it pops up at the top a message that says "Couldn't take screenshot" (not as a toast, but where the dots scroll across the top of the screen when it's loading stuff sometimes). It's been doing this since the .122 update. Anyone else notice this, have an idea to fix? I've tried power cycling and soft resetting, wanting to avoid hard reset as much as possible. I did try searching the forum before posting, as well.

Thanks for your help!
    If a battery pull doesn't work then hard reset may be your only option unfortunately.

This is a long shot, but maybe trying the old combo (power key + windows button) may sort of kick it into gear?
    03-08-2016 03:29 PM
    Can you not take a screenshot at all, or just on certain apps? I know that on Android, certain apps restrict them. One app I use that does not allow me to take a screenshot is Creditkarma, probably due to it showing confidential financial data.
    TechFreak1 likes this.
    03-08-2016 03:31 PM
    This happened to me when I inserted a new sd card. Try reformat, and re designate where photos are saved.

Posted from Windows Central for Windows 10
    03-08-2016 08:09 PM
    If a battery pull doesn't work then hard reset may be your only option unfortunately.

This is a long shot, but maybe trying the old combo (power key + windows button) may sort of kick it into gear?
    I forgot I had put an SD card in my phone to save pictures to, more explanation below...

Can you not take a screenshot at all, or just on certain apps? I know that on Android, certain apps restrict them. One app I use that does not allow me to take a screenshot is Creditkarma, probably due to it showing confidential financial data.
    I was just trying to take a screenshot of the homescreen (actually accidentally hit the buttons, then noticed the issue).

This happened to me when I inserted a new sd card. Try reformat, and re designate where photos are saved.

Posted from Windows Central for Windows 10
    I FORGOT I PUT AN SD CARD IN! I plugged my phone in to see which pictures were on the SD card and noticed there was no "Screenshots" folder on the SD Card. Added the folder, screenshots work again! Not sure why the folder isn't added automatically when you format the SD card in the phone. Think I'll mention something about that in the feedback app.

Thanks for all the help everyone!
    TechFreak1 likes this.
    03-09-2016 10:42 AM