Seasoned 950XL users - your Windows Hello

Grodelj

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
It is way to slow and it requires positioning of the phone in front of the face. So it is practically useless if the phone is on the office desk or on the car mount. For me, this is unfortunately an useless gimmick, as if they were forced to invent something new, instead of using a reliable and fast fingerprint reader found on competition devices.

Sfairat

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
I had quite many problems (mostly with it's integration rather than recognition) with it previously, but after one of the updates they're all gone - it now works quite reliably and fast. There're still two issues left - notifications stop it and it turns off flashlight, but I can live with that.

sadude69

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I do use it...I think it's somewhere around 75% effective. I really do enjoy not typing in my PIN but depending on where the phone is, the alignment is an issue.

If I am pulling the phone out of my pocket then yeah its awesome, I do have to bring the phone higher up or just crank my neck down further. In the car or while the phone is on any kind of stand where I won't move it...i just swipe up and enter the pin

teiva

May 23, 2015
Visit site
When I'm stationery I use it all the time, whilst I'm moving I just enter a pin. Make sure you retrain to improve accuracy. If it had 1 foot more distance it would be perfect.

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
why not just switch the "require sign in" to "never" when you're driving so you can use Hey Cortana then switch it back to something more secure when you're not driving?

I wish phones had the ability when connected to certain WiFi networks or when connected to certain BT devices it would just automatically stop requiring entering a lock code. Connected to my home wifi? Disable the lock code without me doing anything. When connected to my truck's BT? No lock code required. That would be so nice. Not worried about it - if my truck gets stolen with my phone in it I have bigger fish to fry...

ferretzombie

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
Since the last couple updates it has finally figured out how to see through my glasses, but it still takes 3-4 secs and has to be held up close to my face. So, for me, it is very much a gimmick. PIN is faster and more convenient to use.

Mr Hyde

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I wish phones had the ability when connected to certain WiFi networks or when connected to certain BT devices it would just automatically stop requiring entering a lock code. Connected to my home wifi? Disable the lock code without me doing anything. When connected to my truck's BT? No lock code required. That would be so nice. Not worried about it - if my truck gets stolen with my phone in it I have bigger fish to fry...

That would be a cool feature for sure. You also got me thinking... It would be awesome if you could switch off the lock code via a Quick Action button in the notification area with a preset time to turn back on just like the WiFi button does

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720