Has anyone else noticed 950xl running MUCH cooler after 14283.1000?

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I just updated to 14283.1000 this evening. The build was not showing up on my phone, so I left the insider program and rejoined - and poof, there was the update. I am SO glad I got this update as I have noticed the phone runs MUCH better than the last insider build. Everything is smoother. The biggest thing I noticed is that the phone is actually COLD when I pick it up. I guess I never really noticed that it was warm before - but it is now like picking up a phone that has been off for a while.

Has anyone else noticed this? I may even try my Mozo back again with how much cooler it is running!

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Phones invariably run a bit smoother soon after an update. Hence the Windows Central catchphrase of "seems faster".

My 950XL wasn't running warm before the update and still isn't after this one.

peter leung 10586

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
I just updated to 14283.1000 this evening. The build was not showing up on my phone, so I left the insider program and rejoined - and poof, there was the update. I am SO glad I got this update as I have noticed the phone runs MUCH better than the last insider build. Everything is smoother. The biggest thing I noticed is that the phone is actually COLD when I pick it up. I guess I never really noticed that it was warm before - but it is now like picking up a phone that has been off for a while.

Has anyone else noticed this? I may even try my Mozo back again with how much cooler it is running!
try playing candy crush for an hour and conclude again...^^

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Mine's been 'cool' since purchase if I don't do anything on it and also close out all apps. I have not experienced where it suddenly gets hot for 'no reason' too often. But it does get unusually warm sometimes if I only used 1-4 apps, then lock the screen. It's doing something on the background, but no idea what. In locked mode, I'd thought it would just stop doing most everything except notifications and fetching news on a timer, not running a heavy game. So it shouldn't be getting hot.

I usually close out all apps, but even then, it randomly get's really warm for seemingly no reason doing the same thing I did day after day. I'd pick it up after an hr and it's very warm. Most times, it's cool/cold. But when it gets warm, I'm have to think it's the hardware. Who really knows....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs