Hi everybody,

While attaching photos in Windows Mobile 10 they remain with original size. In my case 5-6 Mb. That makes impossible to use email for my daily tasks. It was different in Windows Phone 7-8. The best way is to have an option to resize.

Meanwhile, I downloaded a 3rd party application that I HAVE to use every time before attaching photos. It creates another pic(3) with smaller size that I can email. BUT it's so annoying. I already sent feedback to MS, but I don't see so many complains here.

How are you dealing with this? Did you send a feedback about it?
    Mesbah likes this.
    03-12-2016 01:58 PM
    I've found emailing the onedrive link is good. I hate it when I get a small whatsapp sized picture and always ask for the full size anyways, so the providing the one drive link is a good way to do that and not worry about email limits.
    03-12-2016 02:50 PM
    I agree completely! I have also complained. I too use a 3rd party to text and email photos. I would really like this fixed.
    03-12-2016 02:56 PM
    I've found emailing the onedrive link is good. I hate it when I get a small whatsapp sized picture and always ask for the full size anyways, so the providing the one drive link is a good way to do that and not worry about email limits.
    This is not always an option..
    03-12-2016 03:25 PM
    I'm just the opposite. I'd like the photos to be of original size when sent. If you have to blame anyone, blame the email provider for their size limitations. Don't blame MS for this particular issue. Just like sending stuff via the Post Office. You cannot send a 12 foot by 12 foot framed painting, usually. They have a size limitation also.

Best way would be OneDrive or text them. Or use Skype. Or maybe you can use 8ZIP to compress them and send them as attachments. Maybe Flikr. Facebook Messenger? Instagram? Twitter? Lots of options.
    03-12-2016 10:02 PM
    midnightfrolic, Very often during th day I have to take 10-15 pics and send them to co-workers. I can't send them MMS, I can't sent a links. It's a business email. Email is the only our option. It's a policy. 10 photos on 950XL ~ 50-60 Mb! Why not to have an option to resize them? Not that hard!
    midnightfrolic likes this.
    03-13-2016 10:14 AM
    I know this may not be the best solution:
    The paid camera app Proshot allows for shots to be taken in reduced resolutions and saved.
    If you hadn't looked at this prior it may work for you as a work around.

Screenshot of selections in the app.
    wp_ss_20160313_0001.png
    03-13-2016 11:57 AM
    midnightfrolic, Very often during th day I have to take 10-15 pics and send them to co-workers. I can't send them MMS, I can't sent a links. It's a business email. Email is the only our option. It's a policy. 10 photos on 950XL ~ 50-60 Mb! Why not to have an option to resize them? Not that hard!
    What Guytronic suggested is probably your best option for a workaround. Honestly, sending images in reduced resolution was just a one off available for certain phones and OS/app versions. It's just like MS to remove a useful feature. I have never used the reduce resolution before though when sending emails.

This is a great opportunity to make a case for change with your employer to allow better email functionality like the ones you mentioned that you cannot do, such as sending links. Increasing mail size limits.

My company had similar issues with email limitations years back. So we had to make a case for them to upgrade. They finally did. Email size went from 5MB to 100MB. Mailbox storage size went from 1GB to 25GB. But, recipients who use other email services will still have their own limitations if we send emails to others outside the company.

Good luck.
    Guytronic likes this.
    03-13-2016 04:15 PM
    We now use Office 365 at work and we can share large files/images via OneDrive, OneNote, SharePoint, etc. For collaboration purposes it is easier to share them via the network than to email them around, which is also potentially less secure. Office 365 has a lot of other great features for collaboration as well--get the IT folks to think in that direction. Skype for Business has become our internal messaging system too, so it is easy to just Skype the people on your team and let them know the next batch of files is available for viewing.
    03-14-2016 07:24 AM