Got another 950XL yesterday... BATTERY question?

Marcin Dabrowsky

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Hey all. Was with an iPhone for the last 3 months, but decided to give the 950xl another go.
I also bought a band 2 to replace my year old band one and am very happy with it so far.

SIDENOTE: Showed local MSFT store BHPhoto's $529 price for an unlocked 950XL and they matched it :)

Anyway, I've seen this with prior ones and it's happening to mine again.

I will charge the battery to 100%, and i'll restart the phone and as soon as it restarts it shows the battery at 88%. I KNOW that the restart didn't just drain 12% of my brand new battery so I am wondering what could be up? Is the software that incompetent or does the battery act kind of whacky until it settles in?

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Giddora

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
It takes several cycles for the battery to calibrate with the software. By rebooting your phone after the charge it might put the battery calibration out of sync with the actual battery. There should be no reason for restarting your phone after charging and I've seen this happen on both Iphones and Android-phones in the past where people think the battery is bad.

Milo 2point0

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Oh man, this is happening to me too. But I restarted it thinking it would help. But now I know not to do that if that happens. Thanks for the info!!

Posted from Windows Central for Windows 10

peter leung 10586

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
It takes several cycles for the battery to calibrate with the software. By rebooting your phone after the charge it might put the battery calibration out of sync with the actual battery. There should be no reason for restarting your phone after charging and I've seen this happen on both Iphones and Android-phones in the past where people think the battery is bad.
restarting after full charge is not necessary but I have a situation. I connect my 950xl to the dock for continuum everyday. every time I unplug the phone from the dock, I find the home screen become sluggish. restaring it solves the problem.

after long period of connection to the dock, my phone is always fully charged when disconnecting from the dock. after a restart, the phone still show 100% charged.

i think the situation of OP's 950xl is not normal.

Giddora

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm a little curious as to how this turned out for you guys? Have you gotten different battery stats? The lag after using Continuum is unfortunately nothing I can help with. :(

peter leung 10586

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
I'm a little curious as to how this turned out for you guys? Have you gotten different battery stats? The lag after using Continuum is unfortunately nothing I can help with. :(
it's a problem of preview build(s). for production build 10586.xx, home screen is not sluggish after disconnected from dock.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium