My resistance has been broken.....

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
I've been toying with the idea of a 950XL for a while, but was hoping to hold out for the Elite X3 or something else.

The problem is my other phones.....I love the quality and slickness of the 930, but the size and battery life of the 640XL and I want a mix of the two.

After reading this a while back I went and looked, but they had sold out of XL's, but I keep looking and saw today they had a 950XL in white....

...so I couldn't resist.

Paul Stasik

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
It has its quirks if you go Insider - but I hope you love the 950 XL as much as I do. My friends, family, and partner will all tell you I never shut up about the phone and I show everyone I can how cool Continuum is :)

Corwin_Amber1

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
Cool :) Hope, you are satisfied. Insider Slow and Preproduction are Threshold Builds, 10586.164, same as many non insider Variants.
Also take note, that there is a new firmware on WDRT at the moment, 16082. Maybe you can install it before you put it into your personal production ;) If you go to Insider fast, you will get Redstone builds, which are a little rough ATM.

If you know, what this is about, fine. If not, all is good as well :)

signal-2-noise

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I have a 930 and decided to go with a white 950XL as well. While I wish the 950XL had the same build quality as the 930 I've grown to appreciate the 950XL. I got a transparent silicon case for it which helps give it more of a 'solid' feel. Overall it's a decent WP and the last few Insider (I'm in Fast Ring) OS builds have been great.

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Just stay off insider fast ring builds and you will love it. Fast ring builds on this phone are buggy as hell.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I've been toying with the idea of a 950XL for a while, but was hoping to hold out for the Elite X3 or something else.

The problem is my other phones.....I love the quality and slickness of the 930, but the size and battery life of the 640XL and I want a mix of the two.

After reading this a while back I went and looked, but they had sold out of XL's, but I keep looking and saw today they had a 950XL in white....

...so I couldn't resist.

Congrats ^^

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
It came today and I've been playing about a bit. It's as I suspected and 930 smoothness in a 640XL size which is good!

I'm not overly sure on the battery life, it seems to go down more rapidly than the 640XL, but it's early days yet so time will tell after a few cycles...but fast charging is great.

Now for the not so good....

Double tap to wake....why oh why isn't it there?? Can't see it being hardware? It's so annoying when it's sitting on the table not to be able to tap it to interact with it.
Which leads me on to the other annoyance...which bright spark at MS thought it would be a good idea to put the power button between the volume controls? I wouldn't mind but when I fumble to wake it up (no double tap remember!) I end up turning it up or down....

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
It came today and I've been playing about a bit. It's as I suspected and 930 smoothness in a 640XL size which is good!

I'm not overly sure on the battery life, it seems to go down more rapidly than the 640XL, but it's early days yet so time will tell after a few cycles...but fast charging is great.

Now for the not so good....

Double tap to wake....why oh why isn't it there?? Can't see it being hardware? It's so annoying when it's sitting on the table not to be able to tap it to interact with it.
Which leads me on to the other annoyance...which bright spark at MS thought it would be a good idea to put the power button between the volume controls? I wouldn't mind but when I fumble to wake it up (no double tap remember!) I end up turning it up or down....

you get used to the power buttons really quick and i now have problems if i pick up my wife's 930.

Double tap I KNOW WTF i used this in the car as my Qi cradle blocks the power button, ive tried using hey cortana but look such a **** when it doesnt work. Also im sure i saw a double tap navigation to lock so why cant we have unlock ???? Edit:yes you can double tap to lock.....in lockscreen settings

And remember your battery will be working harder while it updates and sets up all your apps. it does get better

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos