blackvegetable

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site
Please Microsoft fix the WLAN Bug! I just updatet to 14295.1000 but still no resolution for this problem. When I use a 5 GHZ wlan, leave the range of the network and than return I still get the "No Internet" message. Are there any Solutions to this except from changing to a 2,4 GHZ Wlan?

Greets,

Andreas

Richard Zingre

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Hey All. I recently purchased a 950 xl from B&H Photo (international 2 sim). I live in Kansas. I want to check this phone out before my 30 day return period expires but I'm having trouble connecting (or staying connected) to my local wifi router. I have a HITRON cable modem/router combo that I lease from my cable company. Within 15 minutes to 2 hours of connecting this phone, I lose connection to the router (can't see the SSID) and it scrambles the router so all my other devices lose their connections. I have to reboot the router and the problem consistently happens. I've tried connecting just to the 2.4 GHz band and I've tried just the 5 Ghz band but the problem persists. Unfortunately I can't do much with the router as the cable company has locked out access to most all of the settings. I know it's a long shot, but does anyone have any ideas of what the problem might be? I should add that I hooked the phone up to the WDRT and installed the latest firmware and software updates (I think anyway). And I have done a couple of factory resets. If the phone is a dud I can deal with that. If my router sucks I'm not willing to get my own on the off chance that it might work.

So what say ye oh internet?

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Sorry you guys are having such issues with wifi. I have an Apple Airport Extreme router and have not had any of those issues.

What you can you try is this to find the root cause. It may very well be your phones are lemons. If you've tried everything with the phone, you could do a hard reset and do not opt to restore from backup. Not restoring from backup is a key point to resolving the issue. Start from scratch by wiping it using WDRT.

You can go purchase a good router ($200 and up). Set it up and try it out for the length of the return period and return it. You can just test it out without having to connect the new test router to your internet modem at all. I've done it on occasion to test if the issue is with my router or my devices. Just set it up like normal, but do not connect it to the modem at all. Create a wifi network with something like TEST_NETWORK + TEST_NETWORK_5GHz as the SSID. Password as whatever password you want such as 12345678. Connect your phones to the test network and see if it ever disconnects.

It is important to note that your 2.4Ghz & 5.0Ghz network are named differently. Devices have issue discerning which band is which if both are named the exact same. By giving the 5.0Ghz band the "5Ghz" suffix at the end, you can also better identify it as the 5Ghz band and devices will not get confused as to which band it's connected to.

Hopefully using this trick can help you better identify what the issue could be, and which devices is causing the issue.

EDIT: If the 950XL is still disconnecting, then it's the phone itself. Get it replaced as it's possibly faulty hardware. If you're beyond the return period of the phone, maybe wait for future firmware updates. Or roll back to Production Builds (normal non-preview builds). You could try different brand routers also.

GL

Richard Zingre

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Hey Frolic, Thanks for the ideas. I really want this phone to work :). I think I'll try the replacement phone idea first and then see if I still have the ambition to try another router. Do you guys know if anyone has put together a list of routers that work? We have the airport extreme on the plus side :)

miodrage

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Richard: what I would do first, is go somewhere else, and try the WiFi connection. If the phone performs OK with it, then I would say u have a router trouble. Then u have to see that with ur company which locked the router, so, either they will fix it, or unlock it, so you could fix it.
That would be my algorhytm of solving this issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos