Get out of the Insider Program now...Redstone coming to Slow ring

Status
Not open for further replies.

peashooter14

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Since MSFT can't push messages to insiders and is incapable of updating text on the insider app. Redstone is coming to the slow ring. I suggest you get out of the fast and slow ring before you get stuck on Redstone.

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Since MSFT can't push messages to insiders and is incapable of updating text on the insider app. Redstone is coming to the slow ring. I suggest you get out of the fast and slow ring before you get stuck on Redstone.

yup , but i seriously doubt whether non upgradable devices will be supported. anyhow mark the caution :)

anon(2523636)

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Explain. What is (or will be) the problem with "Redstone"?
The current 'Redstone' builds are early betas of the upcoming summer update (Redstone is the internal codename of the release). Being early betas they currently have more issues than the more mature update builds of the current release. The main issue with the current 14295 build, as detailed in the Announcement in the Insider Feedback hub is an API failure that causes MS Band owner to have sync issues with the build (you have to hard reset your phone to get sync'ing back with this build).

If you have the Insider Hub/Feedback hub installed on your phone or PC these links will take you to the announcement and the known issues list:
Announcement: insiderhub://announcements/4a485ec7-fbdc-4c10-8ae8-82beafef2326?Source=ShareContent
Known Issues: insiderhub://announcements/711a38ea-4b58-4cc3-bd21-239d058b5be8?Source=ShareLink

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I have to say, the release notes seem to suggest that there are few bugs in this build, but the forums tell another story. I'm back on the 'Production' ring, that's how scared I am of bad builds right now!

jssmarathon

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I agree Joe, I went back onto slow rain and tried this and it was terrible all the same bugs from the first time

Not worth the effort just for visual voicemail

signal-2-noise

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Lol...well okay then. I'll stay on the Fast Ring. The last several builds have been pretty good. Sure there's some annoying bugs and such but nothing deal-breaking/bricking yet.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
The main issue with the current 14295 build, as detailed in the Announcement in the Insider Feedback hub is an API failure that causes MS Band owner to have sync issues

Actually there are quite a few more issues than just the three MS has outlined.. Severe battery drains for some/ screen flickering while watching videos for most/ wifi not auto connecting for some/ data connectivity issues/ lagging for some etc

14295 is stable for some and not so much for others.. MS really has to work on providing solid build (as far as stability goes) for everyone :/

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
... or at least resolve some bugs before moving from the fast ring to the slow ring!

Yea I understand that the slow ring is still gets beta builds, but I also expected them to fix some of the issues reported by those in the fast ring :/ otherwise there isn't much difference between those two rings apart from how fast you can get builds lol

peashooter14

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Awesome! I can't even get the download on the slow ring to download. Hangs at zero percent. tried toggling every wireless setting. Here is what the Fanboys don't get about how the software development SHOULD work.

Take the current Redstone build on the Fast Ring....They release it, with known issues, and people post some more...they should be fixing those on the fast ring, until it is stable. THEN you push it to the slow ring. They are just taking the same crappy build and pushing to the slow ring. Back to the previous poster's point...WHAT'S THE POINT!

Now, MSFT may say this Redstone build is more stable, but nothing in the release notes would lead us to believe it is much better.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Well fast or slow, they both are pre release builds so bugs would exist. Now since this is the 950/XL forum so the bugs posted here may be specific to those devices. My 1520 running the latest slow ring build is actually running pretty stable, actually faster than the .164 build. Besides, software on the 950/XL has been buggy overall (from various posts here) from the start so it's more about running a buggy beta build on an already somewhat unstable buggy device...how do you expect it to be stable? Microsoft clearly needs a goal here to stabilize the production builds on their flagship devices before concentrating on the development channel.

ddartman7

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Well I'm about 30 hours late reading this. The update has downloaded and I have only two options.... let it install and hope for the best, or bite the bullet right now and run the WDRT. I have been avoiding 14295 like the plague, never imagining for a moment it would go slow ring until there was greater stability. Crap crap crap!

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Well I'm about 30 hours late reading this. The update has downloaded and I have only two options.... let it install and hope for the best, or bite the bullet right now and run the WDRT. I have been avoiding 14295 like the plague, never imagining for a moment it would go slow ring until there was greater stability. Crap crap crap!

Or just hard reset? It will delete the downloaded update.

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Whoever says the only new feature in Redstone is VVM clearly hasn't used it. It also increases the limit of multitasking apps, and most importantly for me, text scaling now also applies to Win8.1 apps like Whatsapp.

Not to mention the new tile resizing animations and the new (And awesome, might I add) Maps.

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Not to mention the new tile resizing animations and the new (And awesome, might I add) Maps.

Wow thanks for the tile animation update, wouldn't notice it for ages :) Looks nice. Also, all the downloaded maps got updated or something, the files were kinda small. Regular updates or something new here?

ricardocr

May 20, 2015
Visit site
Since the moment I got this build I've been checking every hour as to see when is going to be a new release, emails arrive only when I open the app, almost every configuration app crashes when I open it, skype works whenever it wants in both the app or messages, even charging the phone is taking ages now, this is the first time in about 10 months that I am considering going back to 8.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb