Health app high background usage

wpprime

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Is anybody having high background usage from the Health App over the past few weeks? I noticed my battery was draining faster than it used to and started keeping an eye on it and it seems to be getting worse. 30% over the past 48 hours, 40% over the past 24 hours.

Now I certainty haven't been keeping track or regularly checking the battery usage meter, but i don't recall ever seeing MS Health being at the top of the list. It's only been over the past 2 weeks or so. Can't recall if it started before or after the 10586.164 update or not. Firmware is 39005.

Is there anything i can try before i resort to a hard reset?

Thanks!

wp_ss_20160330_0001.png

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I never see health up there

When my phone super hot and battery flying away, it's usually Edge, Whatsapp at the top of the list for me. MSN News is getting there lately. I guess I've been using it more

I wish I could see real time what app is chugging battery at a high rate rather than past 24hrs... how about past 5mins?

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Interesting that your system and display show like 47% 45%

My Display always hover around 70% and my system is around 15-20%

I usually notice a 80/20 split between In use & Background as well.

I guess I'm actually looking at the phone a lot more than you?

wpprime

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Just try uninstalling and reinstalling it first, then give it a few days and see if it improves.

Justin.

Good idea! Can't believe that didn't occur to me. Must be getting old... Anyway, just uninstalled/reinstalled and will go a few days and report back with the results.

Thanks!

wpprime

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Interesting that your system and display show like 47% 45%

My Display always hover around 70% and my system is around 15-20%

I usually notice a 80/20 split between In use & Background as well.

I guess I'm actually looking at the phone a lot more than you?

Lol you must be. I'm not a high volume smartphone user by any means. Most days, I'm sitting in front of a computer 8-10 hours a day so no need to use the phone. I mainly use it to read articles during my commute. Rarely play games or watch videos.

I used to easily get a full day out of my phone and would still have 30-40% battery remaining when I go to charge it at night. Now, it's 50% in the early afternoon and I've barely used it.

I'll run with the reinstalled Health app for a couple days and see if it makes any difference. If not, I guess it's hard reset time unless anybody has other ideas on what to try.

Thank you both for your replies!

walrusmonarch

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
I noticed the same thing on my 950 XL. I tried reinstalling the Health app, but it made no difference. My battery would drain to about 50% by the middle of the day with me barely using it (just to check the time basically...)

Eventually gave up and did a factory reset. So far, the issue has not popped up yet. Hope it stays that way.

NYCMetsPDX

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Noticed the same, odd thing is it doesn't do it everyday (The days with higher battery usage by Health - especially in the background - seem to be fairly random.) Good to know it isn't just me, will stay tuned to see what you find.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss