Switching display modes in continuum

vader42

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
I couln't find this mentioned on the forums, so I thought I'd share....

I have a 950xl, and bought the dock. Continuum works really well, but I was annoyed that some apps don't work/display. I thought you should be able to mirror the phone's display but couldn't find how to do it.

Until last night. I pretended the phone was in fact a PC, and looked for display/monitor settings - and it was! If you go to display settings when connected to the dock, you will see a dropdown for main/connected screen. Make sure connected is selected, then hit "Advanced settings". The new page has a selection for the recommended split screen, or mirroring. Select mirroring, and voila - you now can play angry birds on your monitor! You might have to manually rotate the phone to get landscape.

So from continuum, just run an phone app. When it says you can't use continuum, just run on the phone. Go to the display setting, connected screen, advanced and click mirror. Yay. To go back, just go back to split screens (ie. not mirrored).

Enjoy.

PS. sorry if this is well known, I couldn't find it.

Giddora

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure there are plenty of people that will find this useful. Thanks for taking the time to write a guide with your findings. :) No need to appologize for trying to be helpful. :)

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Whoa thanks! Didn't know that. Plus you can also scale the display that you're connected to. I made it 150% and it's actually much better on my 27" monitor!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa