I took a look on the forums if anyone had posted the same but I haven't found anything similar.

This morning I woke up to find my phone had become superhot all over, the screen was black and unresponsive, and it was emitting a high pitched noise. The soft reset wasn't working so I was forced to open it up and remove the battery. After letting it cool down for 15 minutes, I popped the battery back in and it was working like normal, although the battery had drained excessively.

I'm still a little worried about what was happening with the phone, why it happened, if it'll happen again, and if it may cause damage.

Does anyone have any information?
    03-31-2016 10:31 PM
    Try disabling ALL background Apps and check overnight battery usage which culprit is draining your battery. I suspect you installed a dumb App that does not work properly.
    In case the situation is not resolved by removing suspect Apps and reinstalling them then go for a hard reset that deletes all Apps and cleans SD card and RAM and then reinstall Apps 1 by 1 after each check if battery OK. Do not use BACKUP to restore after hard reset. Share what happened.
    03-31-2016 10:41 PM