How are the Mozo cases holding up?

LarsCor

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Lumia 950 XL is out now for some months so I figured some of you might have the Mozo leather backs for some months too. How are they holding up? I have a Lumia 950 XL since launch and the original back is still like new. No scratches, dents, stains... So I was wondering if the Mozo's are of the same quality. Anyone willing to share some experiences, maybe some pictures?

indylux

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I have the brown leather case and love it. It did develop two wear and tear issues that I fixed with superglue. First, a crack developed in the thin plastic bit between the screen and the USB -C port. Reinforced with a dot of glue. Second, the up volume and power buttons were kind of sunken in. Inside the case, a thin strip of soft plastic sits behind all three buttons and is attached over little pins on the case. One pin hold had slipped between the two buttons I mentioned so I pushed it back on and added a tiny dab of glue making sure to keep the buttons moving so I didn't glue them in place. Worked great. The leather still looks nice and all of the stitching is intact.

peter leung 10586

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
I am using the brown one on my 950xl. it is very easy to leave traces of scratch on the leather. at first I was annoyed about this. eventually I adapted it as a natural phenomenon.

WIN_20160403_15_39_11_Pro.jpg

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Had the brown one for 3 months, still looks great. I would guess the white one wouldn't hold up as well and would stain quite easily. Nothing stays pure white for long

Paul1266

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
I've had the black/silver case for 2 months and it is pretty much 'as new'. My only issue with the case is the buttons - a bit spongy for my liking and the power but is almost completely flush. The gap around them could have been engineered to be a bit tighter too. These are minor niggles though as I love the overall feel.

JaimitoFrog

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
It's part of the appeal, like baseball gloves. I got some water damage on it during skiing. Will put some waterproofing wax on it soon and see. No cracks on mine. Small fraying of one stitch I fixed with superglue.

Posted from Windows Central for Windows 10

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
It's part of the appeal, like baseball gloves. I got some water damage on it during skiing. Will put some waterproofing wax on it soon and see. No cracks on mine. Small fraying of one stitch I fixed with superglue.

Posted from Windows Central for Windows 10

Do u put a case over the Mozo back?

rfr0st

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
My red and gold leather back is starting to come off after less than a month. But I've read about similar issues, supposedly it's a bad batch.
Gave it a good look yesterday, one leather corner is starting to peel itself off and some plastic corners are starting to loose the golden paint.
When unboxing I did notice that the leather sheet was only glued too the back and not "tucked" inside the frame, so figured this would happen.

I only use the case at home or at the office.
I avoid putting my phones on hard surfaces, so most of the time it lies on the couch at home or the desk/mouse pad.
Maybe it's my jeans rubbing it to hard when walking?

No heating issues.

Gonna try the brown and silver one next. :)

shaunydub

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I have the brown leather case and love it. It did develop two wear and tear issues that I fixed with superglue. First, a crack developed in the thin plastic bit between the screen and the USB -C port. Reinforced with a dot of glue. Second, the up volume and power buttons were kind of sunken in. Inside the case, a thin strip of soft plastic sits behind all three buttons and is attached over little pins on the case. One pin hold had slipped between the two buttons I mentioned so I pushed it back on and added a tiny dab of glue making sure to keep the buttons moving so I didn't glue them in place. Worked great. The leather still looks nice and all of the stitching is intact.

I have the same issue on my case regarding power and up volume.
Rest of the case is fine but I currently swapped back to the stock one until I can decide what to do about the power/volume buttons.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I am using the brown one on my 950xl. it is very easy to leave traces of scratch on the leather. at first I was annoyed about this. eventually I adapted it as a natural phenomenon.

View attachment 124642

Yah I have mine too and it does have these scratches but they still look fine because the leather sort of mixes well with them. Gives it a more realistic leather look rather than fake. I wonder if using a leather paste like on shoes would remove those. You would need to find the same colour obviously.

Narr

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I've had my red leather and gold trim Mozo case for a few months and it's still looking good. I do find the trim heats up when I'm using the phone.

brash47

Mar 28, 2016
Visit site
I've had mine for a few months and I take it on and off pretty frequently. The case is holding up great. I have the black leather....I got some polish out and actually spit shined mine.....

just kidding!

brash

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers