06-03-2016 02:59 AM
38 12
tools
    Lumia 950 XL is out now for some months so I figured some of you might have the Mozo leather backs for some months too. How are they holding up? I have a Lumia 950 XL since launch and the original back is still like new. No scratches, dents, stains... So I was wondering if the Mozo's are of the same quality. Anyone willing to share some experiences, maybe some pictures?
    04-02-2016 06:54 PM
    I have the brown leather case and love it. It did develop two wear and tear issues that I fixed with superglue. First, a crack developed in the thin plastic bit between the screen and the USB -C port. Reinforced with a dot of glue. Second, the up volume and power buttons were kind of sunken in. Inside the case, a thin strip of soft plastic sits behind all three buttons and is attached over little pins on the case. One pin hold had slipped between the two buttons I mentioned so I pushed it back on and added a tiny dab of glue making sure to keep the buttons moving so I didn't glue them in place. Worked great. The leather still looks nice and all of the stitching is intact.
    04-02-2016 08:05 PM
    I have the Mozo Red and Gold, it still looks as new as the day I got it. No color fading or rubbing off.
    04-03-2016 01:01 AM
    Do you use a case over the Mozo?
    04-03-2016 02:02 AM
    I am using the brown one on my 950xl. it is very easy to leave traces of scratch on the leather. at first I was annoyed about this. eventually I adapted it as a natural phenomenon.

win_20160403_15_39_11_pro.jpg
    04-03-2016 03:41 AM
    Had the brown one for 3 months, still looks great. I would guess the white one wouldn't hold up as well and would stain quite easily. Nothing stays pure white for long
    04-03-2016 03:44 AM
    I've had the black/silver case for 2 months and it is pretty much 'as new'. My only issue with the case is the buttons - a bit spongy for my liking and the power but is almost completely flush. The gap around them could have been engineered to be a bit tighter too. These are minor niggles though as I love the overall feel.
    04-03-2016 08:36 AM
    It's part of the appeal, like baseball gloves. I got some water damage on it during skiing. Will put some waterproofing wax on it soon and see. No cracks on mine. Small fraying of one stitch I fixed with superglue.

Posted from Windows Central for Windows 10
    04-03-2016 11:39 AM
    How do these cases impact heating issues, if any?
    04-03-2016 12:07 PM
    It's part of the appeal, like baseball gloves. I got some water damage on it during skiing. Will put some waterproofing wax on it soon and see. No cracks on mine. Small fraying of one stitch I fixed with superglue.

Posted from Windows Central for Windows 10
    Do u put a case over the Mozo back?
    04-03-2016 12:09 PM
    How do these cases impact heating issues, if any?
    for mine, there is no heating issue. the situation the phone generates most heat is playing candy crush. I can play candy crush for more than one hour with the mozo case on the 950xl. the phone didn't show any abnormal behavior.
    kristalsoldier likes this.
    04-03-2016 12:43 PM
    My red and gold leather back is starting to come off after less than a month. But I've read about similar issues, supposedly it's a bad batch.
    Gave it a good look yesterday, one leather corner is starting to peel itself off and some plastic corners are starting to loose the golden paint.
    When unboxing I did notice that the leather sheet was only glued too the back and not "tucked" inside the frame, so figured this would happen.

I only use the case at home or at the office.
    I avoid putting my phones on hard surfaces, so most of the time it lies on the couch at home or the desk/mouse pad.
    Maybe it's my jeans rubbing it to hard when walking?

No heating issues.

Gonna try the brown and silver one next. :)
    04-04-2016 03:45 AM
    I have the brown leather case and love it. It did develop two wear and tear issues that I fixed with superglue. First, a crack developed in the thin plastic bit between the screen and the USB -C port. Reinforced with a dot of glue. Second, the up volume and power buttons were kind of sunken in. Inside the case, a thin strip of soft plastic sits behind all three buttons and is attached over little pins on the case. One pin hold had slipped between the two buttons I mentioned so I pushed it back on and added a tiny dab of glue making sure to keep the buttons moving so I didn't glue them in place. Worked great. The leather still looks nice and all of the stitching is intact.
    I have the same issue on my case regarding power and up volume.
    Rest of the case is fine but I currently swapped back to the stock one until I can decide what to do about the power/volume buttons.
    04-04-2016 05:28 AM
    I am using the brown one on my 950xl. it is very easy to leave traces of scratch on the leather. at first I was annoyed about this. eventually I adapted it as a natural phenomenon.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WIN_20160403_15_39_11_Pro.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	1.46 MB 
ID:	124642
    Yah I have mine too and it does have these scratches but they still look fine because the leather sort of mixes well with them. Gives it a more realistic leather look rather than fake. I wonder if using a leather paste like on shoes would remove those. You would need to find the same colour obviously.
    peter leung 10586 likes this.
    04-04-2016 09:47 AM
    So, with Mozo back, you don't need a case over it?
    04-04-2016 10:28 AM
    I've had my red leather and gold trim Mozo case for a few months and it's still looking good. I do find the trim heats up when I'm using the phone.
    04-04-2016 11:49 AM
    So, with Mozo back, you don't need a case over it?
    Yes, that's correct. These are replacement covers intended to replace the stock cover. No case required. Also, many cases won't fit as these have a slightly different shape than the stock cover.
    04-04-2016 05:17 PM
    I've had mine for a few months and I take it on and off pretty frequently. The case is holding up great. I have the black leather....I got some polish out and actually spit shined mine.....

just kidding!

brash
    04-04-2016 05:28 PM
    I wish Mozo had a leather case w the Microsoft symbol - such a simple licensing deal and missed opportunity
    rollindice likes this.
    04-04-2016 08:01 PM
    I have the same issue on my case regarding power and up volume.
    Rest of the case is fine but I currently swapped back to the stock one until I can decide what to do about the power/volume buttons.
    Try my fix! Mine is great now.
    04-05-2016 07:10 PM
    for mine, there is no heating issue. the situation the phone generates most heat is playing candy crush. I can play candy crush for more than one hour with the mozo case on the 950xl. the phone didn't show any abnormal behavior.
    I've started using Continuum and my phone gets crazy hot....like hotter than anything I've ever experienced in a phone (and I've had some highly experimental phones in the past) but I'll give Mozo credit where it's due, the case is holding up perfectly, even at very high temperatures.

As a side note, I hope MS do something about the heat generated using Continuum....I'm genuinely concerned that I'm slowly frying my phones guts
    04-06-2016 06:28 AM
    I've started using Continuum and my phone gets crazy hot....like hotter than anything I've ever experienced in a phone (and I've had some highly experimental phones in the past) but I'll give Mozo credit where it's due, the case is holding up perfectly, even at very high temperatures.

As a side note, I hope MS do something about the heat generated using Continuum....I'm genuinely concerned that I'm slowly frying my phones guts
    the phone gets hot in continuum mode even using stock cover. I use continuum frequently and didn't notice extra hot caused by the mozo case. continuum is hot by its own. no matter what case the phone uses...^^'
    04-06-2016 08:34 AM
    I'm a little disappointed with the case, but I've only had it for a couple days.

I got the gold and red leather cover. After I put it in, I noticed dent in the top corner. After just putting it on, there's already a dent! Anyways, that might have been me. The only big issue I have is the buttons. They seem a lot harder to push now, versus the stock cover.

I'll have to let it grow on me a little. I like the look of it, except for the top edge around the screen. It holds to the phone better, as the stock cover would creek a little in one corner.
    04-07-2016 12:27 AM
    The only big issue I have is the buttons. They seem a lot harder to push now, versus the stock cover.
    Yeah, I found that as well at first, but now that I've had it for months, I have no issue.
    04-08-2016 12:26 PM
    I can't believe you guys are paying $40+ dollars for back covers! LOL although they look VERY nice and I would luv to get me one, I just cannot justify the high price tag... sorry nope! I would be crushed seeing if any peeling or chipping happened to my case and I see SOME people putting protective cases to protect the mozo back covers! lol
    04-09-2016 10:16 AM
38 12