How do you unlock your 950 / 950 XL?

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I really don't care for it. I always use a PIN. I've tried using WH on numerous occasions but I wear reading glasses and its just too much of a hassle trying to get it to recognize me. Entering my PIN is much faster.

rusty502

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
Windows Hello works about 95% of the time for me, with or without glasses, only time that I seem to have trouble is in direct sunlight

Sent from mTalk

BonzeUK

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Try to use it as much as possible, but it can be a pain getting the right distance and remembering to stare at the 'Microsoft' name at the top.

Posted from Windows Central for Windows 10

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Not always needed to stare at Microsoft. Just improve recognition by starting at 4 or 5 different places. Mine now unlocks even when I am looking right in the middle of the screen e.g. OneDrive unlock.

vader42

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
Windows hello every time. I trained it a few times, and it works quickly every time. Only time I use a PIN is when the phone is on the desk and I can't be bothered picking it up.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I love Windows Hello. I have optimized the iris scan in many lighting conditions and angles and I can open it quite easily without it being even obvious. The optimization really does help big time. You have to run it in many scenarios, but once it's done it becomes perfect and super quick. Much quicker than if I put the pin in.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I guess because there is nothing at the middle of screen to recognize you. Try aiming for camera :winktongue:

I said "it unlocks EVEN when I am looking at middle of the screen" - translation into English - it doesn't need you to stare at the camera. It works well if calibrated for different eyeball positions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon