Self timer - stopped working in WP10 camera app.

nadroj915

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
The self-timer does not work in the camera app. I noticed problem just within the last couple of days. I can go into the menu options, choose "Photo timer," and on the next screen, there's a drop-down menu to choose the delay time. But, there used to be a checkmark box at the bottom of the screen to enable the function. That is now gone, and if I just merely choose the delay time I want, then go back to the camera, it doesn't work. Both the onscreen button, and the physical key shutter button just take the picture - no delay! How do I fix this? What's wrong? Should I uninstall (Delete) the camera app and re-download from the app store?

P.S. I posted this question into the Q&A forum earlier as a guest, but I wanted my member info attached to the question.

Al_2

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Sometimes the checkmark box gets hidden behind the on-screen navigation buttons. I've had this happen before. If you swipe up to hide them you should see the tick box again.

YKinase

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
OK, I've just discovered this bug. And I was counting on the timer. It can be set, checked to continue taking every (option) seconds, but then when I hit the camera button, a single photo is immediately taken. Massive PITA!! Any workarounds would be appreciated greatly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa