I Shattered my Screen, I can't find anyone to fix it.. NEED HELP!

Jaime Salas

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
OK Sooooo I drop my phone face first into the rock hard pavement... It shattered my screen, but I can't find anyone one to replace the screen. Anyone one know who I can send it to, or who fixes windows 950 XL screens online? Hell I am pretty handy on fixing stuff, anyone know where I can get a replacement one?

Need HELP!

Last edited:

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
On YouTube MS shows screen is unshatterable :)winktongue:) even shows screen is torched and still undamaged! If you notice these phones are design without a lanyard hole so that users forced to hold them in their greasy hands, drop and break them to buy more phones. :confused:

Jaime Salas

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
What crap... if there is no support for these phones, I will never come back to MS. I took a chance on them, and if I can't find anyone who supports and parts for the 950XL, this is ridiculous. I will NEVER come back, I took a chance on you MS, I will never make that mistake again.

Jaime Salas

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
So just a quick update!

I am assuming MS contract with this company, but if you ever shatter your glass like I did... palcotech.com is the company MS is telling its customers to use. The cost to fix your screen is $185.00 USD, then you pay an additional either $10 $30, or $40 USD additional price for either uninsured or insured mailing back.

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
hahaha, I can't even find a damn battery for my 950XL:unhappysweat:

They're available, overseas though, but not all that pricey, and definitely the OEM ones (I got mine from the EU, fast, and reasonable).
I agree, kind of dumb to have to order parts overseas for phone designed here, but what can you do...
Good luck on the screen thing (I agree, the source for this could be sketchy, who knows), I'd check iFixit too, they might have parts and/or a video.

TennisGuy45

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
I am using https://www.palcotech.com as adivised by Microsoft.

I tried every shop in the entire DFW area and no one local can fix it.

Its costing me $230 total (I chose insured shipping).

They are fixing it now, got confirmation yesterday. Hope to have it by next week.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I am using https://www.palcotech.com as adivised by Microsoft.

I tried every shop in the entire DFW area and no one local can fix it.

Its costing me $230 total (I chose insured shipping).

They are fixing it now, got confirmation yesterday. Hope to have it by next week.
Still a great deal, given that these assemblies go for $215 and up on eBay. Putting this thing on is definitely more than $15 in labor!

TennisGuy45

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Got a call today from PALCO, they wanted to inform me that my phone was repaired.

They also wanted to check that they put the right back on it. Apparently I chose black on the website (my phone is white) and they wanted to be sure before they sent the phone back that the white back was correct.

Makes me feel optimistic that my phone will come back just fine.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Does MS not fix these screens? I mean if you bought the phone from the MS Store for instance. I know they wouldn't do it for free, but with the phone under warranty they won't at least fix it for a fee?

TennisGuy45

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Does MS not fix these screens? I mean if you bought the phone from the MS Store for instance. I know they wouldn't do it for free, but with the phone under warranty they won't at least fix it for a fee?

They dont fix phones period. If you break your phone with a warranty they will either give you a new one or ship yours off to be repaired.

PALCO is who Microsoft recommends (and I assume uses) to fix the Lumia 950xl.

cracgor

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
It's still crazy to me that replacing the digitizer/screen is so expensive. I broke my 1520's screen last fall and realized that it would be $200+ to replace the screen when a new phone would cost around $300-700 depending on the upgraded model I was interested in.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
They dont fix phones period. If you break your phone with a warranty they will either give you a new one or ship yours off to be repaired.

PALCO is who Microsoft recommends (and I assume uses) to fix the Lumia 950xl.

That's what I meant... can't you go through MS? That's what I did with my Lumia 830. Not sure who exactly fixed it, just that I went through MS when it was under warranty and they fixed my issue free of charge. Wasn't a shattered screen though. Anyway, glad yours got sorted!

TennisGuy45

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Received my phone back from PALCO and am extremely pleased.

The phone looks like new, cannot tell it was ever repaired.

Anyone on the fence about sending your phone to them I say do it you will not be disappointed.

Jaime Salas

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
Hey TennisGuy45,

So I am getting my back tomorrow, I am glad they did a great job on your phone. I feel more at ease now, that someone else sent their phone to them as well. I am always leary about sending my hundreds of dollar phone across the U.S. Anyways good to know, and it they always update you... So as for now, I am satisfied so far with the work they do. I'll report back when my phone comes in. Has anyone found a case that's like an otter box for the 950XL yet? I don't want to have to repeat this again...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss