Cannot Add Google Account

Albert Metelsky

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Hello all, I just picked up a Lumia 950 XL today from the MS store. While trying to add my Google email account, it goes to where you would normally enter your user name password etc, and says browser not supported. Any help would be appreciated.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Hmm I wonder if your issue is also related to gmail on edge no longer having this nice interface and changed to basic html format for me today....

Sorry not going to uninstall my google account to check your problem :(

Last edited:

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I just checked it on a lumia 625 with windows 10 I use for testing, yup, just trying to connect to google to log in tells you the browser is unsupported. Google definitely changed something in regards to support for edge earlier today!

Last edited:

eepyaich

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
While I've not seen the "your browser is not supported" problem, I am having issues as I get to the "Windows would like permission to access..." screen, but the "Allow" button is then greyed out, so I can't actually connect the account. I've had this with two different Google Apps for business accounts and its very annoying!

Anyone else having this problem?

Ed

eepyaich

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, but the problem I'd been seeing went away by the I needed to add Google accounts again a couple of weeks ago (after a hard reset on the insider builds). When I went to add the account, it "just worked"...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro