Finally Production Ring with VVM...Wiping the Redstone goo away

peashooter14

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
WDRT back to production code baby. Hopefully VVM works like the posters and the wiki page says. What a cluster the Redstone rollout was. I doubt I will even upgrade in December when it finally ships. I didn't see any must have's.

Will let you know how the restore goes.....

peashooter14

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Ok, so it took until 9 PM to get the production version via WDRT, then update to the latest version, then download a 99 apps (exact number), MMS backload to finally catch up and send texts in near real time. That's pretty crappy to take 6 hours to install and update a phone. I thought iPhones sucked when you had a new update via iTunes, but this is crazy!

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Redstone got a whole lot nicer and more stable with the latest build. I guess you just missed that bus.

I don't know whether VVM works better or worse, it's not a feature supported by my carrier.

peashooter14

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Redstone got a whole lot nicer and more stable with the latest build. I guess you just missed that bus.

I don't know whether VVM works better or worse, it's not a feature supported by my carrier.

I had the latest Redstone, it was still poo, between MMS messages not making sounds, power button failing, etc...I had to soft reset it two-three times a day to get it to function properly. For what features? Plus many of the apps fail on Redstone, probably because of the low level API changes. Anything with video was suspect to GPF before loading. USA today puked as well

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Um. There was a new Redstone build yesterday that fixed a load of app crashes.

But ok, I'll quit.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium