Portable monitor recommendation

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site

vader42

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
I use an lg 24m47vq 24 inch hdmi monitor. Works a treat. I pass the sound to external speakers, and use a wireless keyboard with a dongle in the ms dock.

I had the rest of the gear lying around, so the (cheap) 24 inch screen was all I needed. Looks brilliant.

aniseedvan

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site
@zolotoy did you get anywhere with this?
I was looking at the use-c variant of the Asus you listed, which in theory should work as it supports DP alt mode over USB-C which the lumia does as well if I understand it correctly?

For me, this plus a Bluetooth keyboard and the little MS wedge mouse I have just picked up would be a great travel alternative to my heavy work laptop.

My biggest sticking point is shelling out ?200 for something I can currently only use with my phone, as every other computer in the house is just USB 3...

Zolotoy

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Whichever way I am looking at it, it will cost no less then a laptop. Dont see a point of caring a bunch of cables, a display dock, a keyboard, a mouse ....

aniseedvan

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site
The monitor would have use at home for me if I had other USB C stuff.
I'm trying to avoid buying a surface (or clone) but tbh I think continuum for me will be limited to the dock staying at home plugged into a TV, and I'm back to looking at this tablet type devices again...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium