photo's vanished

Hywel79

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
ok so i took some great photo's at a gig last night, and now they're all gone, there's just a space for each one with a file name - 1235486684616.jpg or similar - but the photo's themselves seem to have vanished. any suggestions as to whats causing this / how to fix it?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
ok so i took some great photo's at a gig last night, and now they're all gone, there's just a space for each one with a file name - 1235486684616.jpg or similar - but the photo's themselves seem to have vanished. any suggestions as to whats causing this / how to fix it?

are you able to view the photos on pc?

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
So the files are zero-length?
If they're decent-sized files (several MB), I bet they're just missing the metadata for jpg, which any photo recovery app (take your pic, there are about a zillion free ones, and varying paid ones with more features) will fix.
If they're zero-length, that's another issue, I'd definitely try taking some pics, make sure your photo destination (SD card maybe?) has space, etc, so you don't get zinged again.
I took a slew of pics yesterday at my MIL's BDay party, and have taken quite a few others to-date, maybe 4-500; so far I haven't had an issue, other than USB slowness on .218 (different issue, different thread). I have all mine going to my SD card, for reference.

Franmartin

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Your files may have gone corrupt! You can try to open your files by connecting/opening on a different device to get assured to the corruption . Nevertheless, your files can be recovered by using a photo recovery software. I heard of Stellar Phoenix. They have a bunch of good recovery tools. Try here.

TrueMetalGeek

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
IF you have your onedrive set to upload your photos and videos, which is the default setting, you might find your photos in your onedrive.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb