04-30-2016 12:25 PM
123 ... 345
tools
    I understand that people are worried about the state of windows phone and that something like this is a big sign that its not going well but both these phones are great and if you are content with the core apps and the amazing camera as it is right now then this is a great deal and its not worth worry about dammit! :-)
    RumoredNow and ElronTheElder like this.
    04-28-2016 04:23 PM
    I got in in the deal. Excited!
    RumoredNow likes this.
    04-28-2016 04:35 PM
    Has anyone gotten the deal + trade-in at a physical store today? A friend and I were planning on making the hour+ trip to the nearest store, but when he called first to verify the deal, he was told that the stores have stopped processing the trades in conjunction with the BOGO. Can anyone else confirm?
    04-28-2016 04:48 PM
    A reminder:

[WARN]Since there is no buying/selling outside of Marketplace, we have actually set up special threads in Deals forum for finding partners on this offer. Thanks to RayaanP for the inspiration

Please use those threads only. They are the only place allowed to negotiate on this.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/mic...er-thread.html

http://forums.windowscentral.com/mic...er-thread.html[/WARN]
    pankaj981 likes this.
    04-28-2016 05:39 PM
    Will these phones work on Verizon? I currently have a Nexus 5X on Verizon so I know such "unapproved phone" magic can be done, if you what you are doing (and have the nano-Sim card).
    04-28-2016 05:57 PM
    Where did you buy? I live MA and the closest store is in Natick mall.
    04-28-2016 06:57 PM
    Will these phones work on Verizon? I currently have a Nexus 5X on Verizon so I know such "unapproved phone" magic can be done, if you what you are doing (and have the nano-Sim card).
    No, the 950/XL do not have activated CDMA radios. I posted this in another thread:

There are a few factory unlocked phones that work on Verizon. Here is the list:

1. iPhone 6/6+
    2. iPhone 6S/6S+
    3. Nexus 6
    4. Nexus 6P
    5. Nexus 5X
    6. Motorola Moto X 2015 Pure Edition
    7. iPhone SE

As far as I know this is all of them. If there are any others I am not aware of them. Apart from the devices here, you need to have a Verizon branded phone to work on Verizon.

Also, any of these phones that are carrier branded will work on Verizon if they are SIM unlocked. For example, you can get an iPhone 6S from AT&T and use it on Verizon as long as you get the unlock code from AT&T.
    xandros9 likes this.
    04-28-2016 07:01 PM
    This is oft claimed but never with any substantiating evidence, are there any links to confirm this? Carriers obviously do this to attract new contract customers but I don't recall Apple or Samsung doing this with handsets at full price directly from their sales channels.
    I was going to post a comment like this. The carriers had the iPhone and S7 BOGO deals to sell new lines, which for them is where the money is. Microsoft is simply dumping phones.
    A simple Google search will reveal the evidence. Microsoft's phones (save for the 950 on AT&T) aren't being sold through the carriers, so how would their BOGO deal be done through them? And vice-versa, why would Samsung and Apple use official channels when the vast majority of their phones are moved through US carriers?

The carriers are all over the S7 Edge and iPhone. Yes, they make money from new lines, but that doesn't mean they can just give away brand new flagship phones for free all the time. If that were the case, why don't they do that with every new flagship that's released?

Every single carrier was on board with this S7/S7 Edge deal. That's not coincidence. Samsung is directly involved, and uncoincidentally had a rough previous quarter.

Also, you didn't have to activate a new line with most of the deals. Customers already on these networks were taking advantage of these deals.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    04-28-2016 08:17 PM
    A simple Google search will reveal the evidence. Microsoft's phones (save for the 950 on AT&T) aren't being sold through the carriers, so how would their BOGO deal be done through them? And vice-versa, why would Samsung and Apple use official channels when the vast majority of their phones are moved through US carriers?

The carriers are all over the S7 Edge and iPhone. Yes, they make money from new lines, but that doesn't mean they can just give away brand new flagship phones for free all the time. If that were the case, why don't they do that with every new flagship that's released?

Every single carrier was on board with this S7/S7 Edge deal. That's not coincidence. Samsung is directly involved, and uncoincidentally had a rough previous quarter.

Also, you didn't have to activate a new line with most of the deals. Customers already on these networks were taking advantage of these deals.
    Did you read the fine print? I read Verizon's, and I would guess the other carriers' are similar. You need to either open 2 new lines, or add one to your existing plan. The phones need to be set up on payments, and the line must remain active for at least 6 months. It wasn't just Samsung either. Verizon had a deal kind of like that for certain Droid models. I believe the iPhone has been involved too.

These deals are not anything like Microsoft's. The carriers are out to sell services; Microsoft is out to jettison devices.
    theefman and Ira Seigel like this.
    04-28-2016 09:24 PM
    I went for it in Toronto Canada. Bought the 950XL and got the 950 free. Went home and took the sims out of out two Lumia 830s and we are good to go. Didn't need to get my carrier involved.

Love these phones. Now I will be able to wait for the Surface phone, or maybe the Surface phone 2!
    04-28-2016 10:55 PM
    You may want to try again. I traded in my 925 and got the 2 for 1 from the MS Store tonight.
    Yes, it gave me the $150 off for the trade in. But it will not let you combine any discount like the military one with it
    You can definitely combine the trade-in promo with the BOGO. Before the BOGO was offered I sent in my 1020 for the $150 credit. So I waited to get the credit an tried using it to get the 950XL + 950, and sure enough, the trade-in credit was applied and my phones are getting delivered tomorrow.

Side note: the MS store changed both phones to "back ordered" in my order history right after the order was placed, but they both shipped the next day.
    Just spent about an hour chatting with MS Store. Was told TODAY that I could have received the $150 trade in discount with the BOGO. The day AFTER I placed my order. She also confirmed that I could NOT receive the 10% .EDU discount, despite being shown where multiple people on here DID get it.

I'm going to call the Orlando store in the morning. I may be going for a drive, if I can get the trade-in deal. That'll get me my phone quicker, and save me some money. Just wish they were consistent with how they apply the discounts, and would give the straight answer the first time.
    04-28-2016 11:22 PM
    if they are giving away 950s for free just make it $100 and i will gladly buy
    04-29-2016 06:50 AM
    if they are giving away 950s for free just make it $100 and i will gladly buy
    Or just start distributing them for free...make the world a better place! /s
    Corwin_Amber1 and Noob1ee like this.
    04-29-2016 10:09 AM
    I like the way you think.
    pankaj981 likes this.
    04-29-2016 10:39 AM
    Include a $100 bill in the box to help feed unicorn's.
    pankaj981 and RumoredNow like this.
    04-29-2016 11:20 AM
    Are others seeing where you cannot add the extra device protection in the MS online store? I was told I could add at a actual store, but like a 5-6hr hike...
    04-29-2016 11:36 AM
    Did you read the fine print? I read Verizon's, and I would guess the other carriers' are similar. You need to either open 2 new lines, or add one to your existing plan. The phones need to be set up on payments, and the line must remain active for at least 6 months. It wasn't just Samsung either. Verizon had a deal kind of like that for certain Droid models. I believe the iPhone has been involved too.

These deals are not anything like Microsoft's. The carriers are out to sell services; Microsoft is out to jettison devices.
    Aptly demonstrated in Sprint's current deal:

sprint-bogo.jpg
    04-29-2016 11:49 AM
    Disregard... Was told they are not offered through the online store anymore & have to be purchased in an actual store. That blows. Closest to me is a 5-6hr drive.
    04-29-2016 01:45 PM
    Include a $100 bill in the box to help feed unicorn's.
    never forget about the unicorns
    04-29-2016 06:51 PM
    Just checked microsoft's website. The BOGO offer has officially ended.
    vzw8830 and RumoredNow like this.
    04-29-2016 09:27 PM
    Went to the online store to buy and... just missed out on this deal. Which is potentially a bad thing, at least if Microsoft cared about retaining a long time customer. I had found someone to split the deal with that was looking at buying an upper mid range Android phone to replace their Lumia 1020. Microsoft had put themselves out of consideration by only having extremely low end and overly expensive high end phones available for Windows 10. This person has been on the Windows Phone platform since the HTC HD7 was released and the potential to get a 950 for ~$300 had them convinced to stay. But it took too long to commit, and the sale ended, so Microsoft will likely permanently lose that customer.

Oh well. You win a few, you lose more. That's the name of the game for Windows Mobile these days. I can't say I didn't try.
    (I myself am a little bummed that I will have to keep waiting on an affordable Windows 10 Mobile device with wireless charging, but I haven't run out of patience yet - to that end, if someone still has a 950 or 950xl they need to sell.... :) )
    04-29-2016 10:58 PM
    Now I'm looking forward to bogo 650 deal.
    04-30-2016 01:37 AM
    It's over... Sorry to all who wanted in and missed out.

capture01.png
    04-30-2016 12:25 PM
123 ... 345