Buy 950 XL, get 950 free promo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
So I was at my local Microsoft Store a few days ago checking out the 950 XL. One of the store associates said "we may have a promo going on right now" and went off to check. When she got back she said the promo wasn't in affect yet, but that it involved buying a Lumia 950 XL and getting a regular 950 free. She said I can buy the phone now and take advantage of the promo when it starts.

I chose not to get the phone just in case for now, but doesn't that promo sound way too good to be true? She told me to keep checking back to see if the promo started. I'm sure I'd hear about it all over the place when and if it does take affect.

Has anyone else heard anything about this?

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
That would be sth indeed.. Doubt it tho!

We do know that somewhere in June MS will allow people to trade in their 920/925/1020 for a discounted price on the 950(XL)

Microsoft will allow you to trade-in your Lumia 920, 925 or 1020 for $150 off a 950(XL) - MSPoweruser

Yeah I believe that one is already in effect. I guess the sales associate was just confused... I kept asking if she was sure, and she kept saying "yes" lol. Their system was "down" and they couldn't check on when that promo starts.

Considering the $150 off trade-in promo ends in June, I'm guessing it's impossible for a better promo to start before then, if the one in question is indeed even real.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Nice!! Honestly doubted this deal would ever see the light of day. In fact, I wonder if this person heard about it independently or just read the forum. If it starts tomorrow, looks like I'll be driving to my local Microsoft Store at lunch.

Read the extra tiny print. It's for the AT&T 950 with Ma Bell's service.

So you get an unlocked 950 XL and an AT&T-locked 950, AND have to start service with AT&T? Where are you reading this tiny print? Thanks!

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Nice!! Honestly doubted this deal would ever see the light of day. In fact, I wonder if this person heard about it independently or just read the forum. If it starts tomorrow, looks like I'll be driving to my local Microsoft Store at lunch.

So you get an unlocked 950 XL and an AT&T-locked 950, AND have to start service with AT&T? Where are you reading this tiny print? Thanks!
That was referring to the $150 trade-in offer, not the BOGO. Read the bottom line in red.

https://msmobiletrade.cexchange.com...c3BOltn3O+HqsrWqoAzVY9UThz7sRmkQSyvVbd8HjssaR

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Odd. I get the MSN advertisement but when I click the link it shows the old trade in offer. Even pasted the URL into an InPrivate window in case some cookie stuff was happening. Not showing for me... yet.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I will surely jump on this when its live in the US later today (not live yet). I will mostly keep the 950XL and sell off the 950. PM me if anyone wants to strike a deal.

Edit: bought it.

Last edited:

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Ms could have cut the costs of the units but instead is selling both as they just want to get rid of all the inventory lying around. I hope the lumia offers gets a free 950 offer for those that were early adopters. It probably won't happen. But my bro needs a new phone and he doesn't want to go android/ios so he's sort of stuck with the 925 for now. I told him not to buy this year and just hold off for now. His battery is just dying on that puppy. Doesn't hold charge for very long. Granted he usually lets it drain all the way and then charges. Typically new batteries last longer if you maintain a high charge and discharge once in a while.

Florin_Anghel

Banned
Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
lol and it is US/Canada only..even the offers are in a way in a dumb move. Had this been in Europe stock would have been depleted in 1h.

Edit: lmao, if you click buy it charges you for the second phone as well............................... :-|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise