Buy 950 XL, get 950 free promo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

karmamule

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I just took advantage of this at the Burlington MA Microsoft store earlier tonight. I had a couple old numbers parked at ring.to, and it turns out T-Mobile was running a promo that let me add two lines at 6gb each for just $10 more/month so went ahead and got a black 950 XL and 950. Happy to have a windows phone device again and also to have that Lumia-quality camera too. :) Waiting for all the apps and the 218 update to finish up.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Folks,

I just added a 950XL to the cart and it shows up at the discounted price of $584.10 ($649.00 - 10%) and $0.00 for the 950 (my wife is a teacher).

This promotion of "buy a 950xl and get a 950 for free" makes no sense. Why not just offer the 950 series phone at a 45%-50% discount? Not everyone needs two phones. They would probably sell more by discounting the phone rather than BOGO free.

Eric

This way MS can say they moved a higher volume of phones. Apple and Samsung did the exact same thing (BOGOF) with their latest releases.

This should actually net you a lower cost than discounting one phone by 45-50% (assuming you sell the unused phone new).

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
They asked for mine. I came straight from work so luckily I had it.
I bought it online already. My ID has been verified with the .edu account verification. Instead of waiting for MS to ship it I was thinking about picking it up from the Store, not sure if its even possible.

kappatau808

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
i can only hope that some people would be nice enough to sell their free phones for a good price. or give some away for free? lol i wish. had to return 950xl within a month of buying when it came out, had issues. now im thinking of getting a lumia again but can't afford it anymore, sadness

LightenSkies

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
If I would of had 200 dollars laying around I would of held back an buy one from Microsoft a few days ago but my job don't give me enough hours to make an extra 200 bucks laying around lol oh well :S I got mine from B&H for 529 bucks. Just thought id let people know here not sure if anyone knew.

Draskghellion

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
So, let me get this straight....
Microsoft is offering a free Lumia 950 when you buy a Lumia 950 XL ? Damn. It sucks that this offer is only for the US and Canda, would love to have one of those phones =/.

WinLou

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
Just placed my order online using student discount and bing rewards. Both my phones are on backorder. I was also charged shipping for each phone.

JDHamilton6

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
Just placed my order online using student discount and bing rewards. Both my phones are on backorder. I was also charged shipping for each phone.

I just looked and both of mine are on back order, as well. Could have sworn they were listed as in stock when I placed the order yesterday.

Curious as I assumed they were pushing excess inventory.

When does the thirty day return window begin?

ETA: Just saw this at the bottom -- "*You have 30 days to return or exchange items after receipt of shipment."

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I just looked and both of mine are on back order, as well. Could have sworn they were listed as in stock when I placed the order yesterday.

Curious as I assumed they were pushing excess inventory.

When does the thirty day return window begin?

ETA: Just saw this at the bottom -- "*You have 30 days to return or exchange items after receipt of shipment."

Ordered another for my father about 30 minutes before you posted this message. Couldn't be bothered to make yet another trip to the MS Store and deal with managers that were jumping through hoops not give me my EDU discount.

It says "ships by April 27." No hint of back order just yet. I wonder if I ordered just in time. Or maybe it has something to do with which color you ordered? I got the 950 XL in white.

JDHamilton6

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
Ordered another for my father about 30 minutes before you posted this message. Couldn't be bothered to make yet another trip to the MS Store and deal with managers that were jumping through hoops not give me my EDU discount.

It says "ships by April 27." No hint of back order just yet. I wonder if I ordered just in time. Or maybe it has something to do with which color you ordered? I got the 950 XL in white.

I ordered a black one yesterday, the 25th. I thought it said it was in stock but I guess I wasn't paying that much attention.

I suppose I'll live if it ships tomorrow. It's just, I can take 10 times to forever to make my mind up on something, but once I decide then I want it yesterday...

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I ordered a black one yesterday, the 25th. I thought it said it was in stock but I guess I wasn't paying that much attention.

I suppose I'll live if it ships tomorrow. It's just, I can take 10 times to forever to make my mind up on something, but once I decide then I want it yesterday...

Just before I read this response, I checked again (have the tab open, refreshing) and now it says Back Ordered -_-. I dislike how misleading that is. Would have went the brick-and-mortar store route. It definitely showed "in stock" when I placed the order. The email confirmation says "ships by April 27," but that of course was sent when I placed the order.

Nelle Douville

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
I bought a 950 in mid-March, and I love the phone. Reading through this thread, please forgive me for adding the absolutely meaningless comment I love the enthusiasm!

Enjoy your new phones. :)

JDHamilton6

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
Just before I read this response, I checked again (have the tab open, refreshing) and now it says Back Ordered -_-. I dislike how misleading that is. Would have went the brick-and-mortar store route. It definitely showed "in stock" when I placed the order. The email confirmation says "ships by April 27," but that of course was sent when I placed the order.

Much ado about nothing, it seems. I just got my shipment confirmation email.

BB_Nicky86

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Placed my order, site still says in stock but the phone is definitely on back-order. This really puts a damper on this all. Fingers crossed they sort out their stock issue soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99