950 XL not eligible for Cricket?

DeathMoJo

May 24, 2015
Visit site
NOTE: If I remember correctly, it must be provisioned for on the backend for APN to be recognized.

I assume these instructions from the web site don't work...

Sorry miss this post initially, they did work until I started having MMS issues. See the post directly above this one.

ElronTheElder

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Currently mms is working
Cellular connection profile = Cricket
APN is set and that is it.
All else blank with IPv4 default
If there are problems down the road....manual entry can be a pita.
Thanks for the heads up.

xevilrobotx

Aug 29, 2015
Visit site
I picked up the 950 Xl with free 950 deal. After installing the sims in each phone and the latest updates the 950 XL picked up VVM on cricket, but the 950 did not and still just wants to dial regular voicemail. Can anyone confirm they got VVM on their regular 950 working with Cricket? Thanks!!

Summer_Moon

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I just got my 950XL on Monday and just swapped my sim card for Cricket into it from my BlackBerry PassPort (before that it was in my 1020, which is the phone I started my Cricket service on). No issues whatsoever. It picked up the necessary configuration right away, no manual changes. I have not been able to get VVM though, I will need to look into that.

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I would ping Cricket, my guess is that they haven't provisioned this yet. The SIM setting is where this would be, when it's enabled.
Mine works "relatively" cross-carrier, I can use VVM with my 950XL on AT&T and T-Mobile, both allow enabling through the standard interface in the SIM menu. Most of what you can enable here (SIM Menu) is controlled via your carrier, such as data (i.e. if you have no data plan, you won't see the "mobile data" option, or it will be greyed-out).

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
If you run into issues with your MMS messages, search reddit for the proxy server fix. You might have to point it directly at an IP address. I had the problem and this is what I had to do.

Be careful with this, it's a DNS nightmare, and if you're having to do this, something MUCH bigger is wrong.
It probably means the resolver service isn't working correctly, and unless you're running bleeding-edge builds, a simple reboot should connect properly to the right DNS server for your provider, and it will "just work".
Having to enter the MMS http: address is okay, might break someday, but having to enter the IP address is almost certain to break, far sooner, could be weeks/months, or maybe longer if it's a big provider, but it will break. At least if you have a HTTP, you'll get a re-direct message, or your provider with provision the new APN, without interruption...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05