Lumia 950 XL international version hates me :(

LightenSkies

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys just wanted to know has anyone in the United States ever bought a Lumia 950 XL that has been imported from another country? I notice the one I got won't let me buy apps or music or movies since the one I have isn't a US version only way to get it working is by changing region to the right country of where the phone was from of course by doing so lets say the app in the US is 1.99 well if I change the region to Mexico then the app shows up as 15 dollars :O I can't seem to find a fix for this. The at&t lady told me to bring it into a retail store that there plug my phone into there computer and see whats going on. Is this common with imported phones to act this way. When I sit it back to US I just get Pur-Risk Rejected. :(

ordivergens

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys just wanted to know has anyone in the United States ever bought a Lumia 950 XL that has been imported from another country? I notice the one I got won't let me buy apps or music or movies since the one I have isn't a US version only way to get it working is by changing region to the right country of where the phone was from of course by doing so lets say the app in the US is 1.99 well if I change the region to Mexico then the app shows up as 15 dollars :O I can't seem to find a fix for this. The at&t lady told me to bring it into a retail store that there plug my phone into there computer and see whats going on. Is this common with imported phones to act this way. When I sit it back to US I just get Pur-Risk Rejected. :(

That's odd. My 950 XL I bought from B&H looks like it was originally sold in Mexico. Once I set the phone to the right region and language during initial setup, I've had no issues with it.

LightenSkies

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
That's odd. My 950 XL I bought from B&H looks like it was originally sold in Mexico. Once I set the phone to the right region and language during initial setup, I've had no issues with it.

How are apps showing up on your end as in pricing? Cause for me it was showing way to expensive.

GizmoEV

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I have an international version of the 950XL. Before doing anything with the phone I put in my AT&T SIM and did a hard reset using the buttons. I don't remember them off the top of my head, I know I posted them somewhere or just search online for them. This made sure that when the phone started up it would give me a chance to choose the language and region. It works just fine, everything shows up correctly for the US market. The only differences I can find from my Wife's US Dual SIM 950XL is that in the Speech language section it lists Chinese, English UK, and English US where as the Dual SIM 950XL lists English Canada and English US.

ElronTheElder

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site

International version [North America] didn't pair completely/ correctly with my MS Band 2.
Don't know if it was hardware, firmware or what. Just know it wouldn't give notifications.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs