proximity sensor continuously working? (pics in post #7)

sst154

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I just noticed that when the screen is on and I'm in a dark place, I can see a small red light (muuuch softer than the hello IR light) blinking between the earpiece and the front camera. Is that the proximity sensor? And if so, is that normal?
I don't have glance activated neither the feature that prevents the camera launching in your pocket.

Last edited:

sst154

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
Re: proximity sensor continuously working?

Now I checked with a L640 with the same build and it didn't happened, only remained on when using glance. So it doesn't seem very normal

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site

Start disabling background apps 1 by 1 and notice IR action. It might be due a bad app running in background.

Sathya Ch

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site

I have the .218 build as well, what I can see is that my battery is draining out rapidly. I have now even disabled facial recognition :(

sst154

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site

That's what I mean. It's more notorious in the photo though, so maybe other L950XL owners can't perceive it. Does anyone find the same?

sst154

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
Well, I finally did a hard reset with no success. The same is happening. It inly happens when the OS is loaded and working (not during the boot when showing MS logo) that's why I don't think it's a hardware problem. Maybe you all have the same and can't notice it?

sst154

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
After losing some time (and data) with a hard reset without success, I finally found that this happens when brightness is set to automatic. It's strange because I don't know why it'd need the proximity sensor to be working all time. O tried the same on a L640 and when I set the brightness to auto, the proximity sensor only blinks once and stays off, so I don't know if it's a bug, feature or hardware problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs