Just a thought on double tap to wake....

realjoebongo

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone with registry access tried this key? The below is to turn it off I think so perhaps if it was set to 0 it would turn it on?

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\OEM\Nokia\Touch\Wakeup Gesture]
"Enabled"=dword:00000001

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
On mobile? I'm a newbie. How do you access the Registry on Windows Phone/Windows 10 Mobile?

I don't understand why Microsoft gave double tap to wake feature to the Lumia 535 and not the higher-end phones.

telomoyo

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Originally posted by realjoebongo
Has anyone with registry access tried this key? The below is to turn it off I think so perhaps if it was set to 0 it would turn it on?

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\OEM\Nokia\Touch\Wakeup Gesture]
"Enabled"=dword:00000001

Interesting! I was just reading something stating that if many people request this feature, Microsoft may do it. They might be getting ready for it. Which build did u see this in? http://www.winbeta.org/news/microsoft-may-bring-back-double-tap-wake-lumia-950-enough-people-want

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I doubt it is disabled by a simple registry switch. I think the software piece to make it work is missing from the Firmware.

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Apologies, didn't come back earlier.

Unfortunately, I couldn't deploy VCReg to my phone. I installed the SDK yesterday on my office laptop, but no matter what I do, I wasn't able to push it to the phone. I went home, tried on my Surface, still no. I even updated to the Fast Ring build, nothing changed. It is stuck at "Deploying XAP File"

Strangely, my Lumia 920 works with both devices.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    35 KB · Views: 59

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
AFAIK, there's no working method to interop unlock W10M devices (x50).

Ah! That would explain why it works on my 920, but not the 950XL. Thanks for letting me know, I was going to try a few more things today.

Well, I think we have to wait for MS to include this in a firmware in the near future.

LarsCor

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
So I was just browsing the Microsoft store cuz I was bored and found this piece of text. Yes it is Dutch, but I will translate the important stuff for you.

Het Glance Screen van de Lumia 950 XL toont gemiste gesprekken, e-mail en berichten. Gebruik het om handige info te bekijken zonder je telefoon te ontgrendelen. Tik tweemaal op het Glance Screen en er verschijnt nog meer info op het vergrendelingsscherm. Het vergrendelingsscherm dat belangrijke info toont zoals het weerbericht en Microsoft-gezondheidsinfo is een persoonlijke en aanpasbare berichtenzone.

They litteraly mention double tap to wake. Havent noticed this before, but I'm not browsing the MS store daily so not sure how long this piece of (mis?)information has been there.

cracgor

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
After they finally get double tap to wake, they need to start working on double tap to sleep...It is just as awesome!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos